THREE

chapter three' new world of myths '

chapter three
' new world of myths '

       THIS KID IS INSANE, Maria had thought. She looked at Percy as he glanced behind them, his eyes looking like he was actually thinking of jumping. The four were still spooked by Thorn's ominous message, Bianca scanned around while Nico looked at the sky expecting something to come. María however was still spooked by her last.. daydream? She didn't know exactly what to call them.

The person in the daydream looked exactly like the lawyer that brought them to Westover. Maria wished she could see the lawyer and ask them all those questions. But, Maria wished even more that she could get out of this situation.

"By all means, Son of Poseidon . Jump! There is the sea. Save yourself," Thorn laughed, noticing Percy's constant glances to the sea. Nico's head whipped at the mention of a Greek God, but his mood fell when he realized where he was. Usually Nico would've gone on a Mythomagic rant but now Thorn probably would've thrown him off the cliff. Meanwhile Maria and Bianca glanced at each other, son of Poseidon? What did he mean by that?

Sighing, Maria shuffled toward Percy, "Why'd he call you that?" she muttered, a curious look on her face. Though she rolled her eyes when he said, "I'll explain later." They couldn't work together to get out if Percy was hiding something.

But at the same time what does Percy have to explain, there's no way Poseidon was actually his father. He's a literal Greek God. Maybe Percy's family just has Greek-related names or are Greek, Maria thought

"You do have a plan right?" Bianca whispered to him. He looked at us blankly, as if he was thinking about it.

"Uh," Percy looked back at the water.

Maria sighed, they were doomed.

"I would kill you before you ever reached the water," Thorn said suddenly, causing all the kids to look at him, "You do not realize who I am, do you?"

No, Maria would've said if Thorn didn't have poison weapons. To be fair, she only really knew three people, the mysterious lawyer, Bianca, and Nico. Maria could've sworn Thorn could mind read when he launched another projectile right beside Maria. She took a step closer to Nico, her eyes widening.

"Unfortunately," Thorn said, "you are wanted alive, if possible. Otherwise, you would already be dead."

Wanted? Maria felt the urge to scoff. It wasn't pretty nice to tell some orphans whose parents basically disappeared that they were 'wanted', Maria thought. Though if there was someone who wanted them of course it would be some mysterious boss of a kidnapper.