1.1) To the Waters & the Wild - Pt. 2

Third Person's POV:

Later that day, Mia, Musa, Aisha, and Terra were at the orientation, standing at the snack table and getting some food.

"Who actually saw the body. Maybe he was old. People get old and die. We all die," Terra said

"Yep, that old age decapitation really seems up on you," Musa joked.

"Happened to my nan right in the middle of bingo. Just thowp, thowp, thowp down the table," Aisha said, making Musa laugh.

Mia sighed, "I saw it."

"What?" Terra.

"I saw the body."

"How?" Musa asked.

"Riven and I were smoking outside of the barrier and we saw it. Trust me, it was completely horrifying. Just don't tell anyone that I was outside the barrier, the last thing I need is for my father to find out," Mia said.

Musa looked at Aisha, "Off topic, but what's with the cookies?"

"I eat a million calories a day. If I didn't swim, I'd be massive," Aisha explained.

Musa nodded, "I used to dance, I get it."

"On that note..."

"Second round. Damn! Twice a day, every day. You weren't kidding," Musa said, before Aisha left.

Mia grabbed some food and said, "Alright, well I'm gonna go meet up with some friends," before leaving to find Sky and Riv.

*****

Mia was at the party drinking some beer and talking to a few friends when she saw a bunch of people start to form a crowd.

Curious as to what was happening, she walked up to the crowd and tried to get to the front of it.

Once she got to the front she saw Terra strangling Riven with some vines.

"What the actual f*ck Terra!" Mia exclaimed as she ran up to Terra and shoved her, making her lose focus.

"You could have killed me you freak," Riven said once the vines had let him go.

"Missed you too," Terra said before Riven walked away, Mia following him.

"What the bloody hell happened, Riven?" Mia asked, once they got away from the party.

Riven sat down, "I was trying to be friendly to a first year, when she comes up and calls me a nerd in disguise. So, I said that she was three people in disguise and then she tried to kill me," he said before taking a sip from his flask.

"That's so unlike her."

"Do you seriously not believe me?" Riven asked in disbelief.

"No, I do believe you. I mean, I saw her choking you. It's just, I can't believe that she'd do something like that," Mia explained.

"Does your neck hurt?" Mia asked.

"A little, yeah. Thank you for worrying, but it's no big deal. Promise," Riven said before softly kissing Mia on the lips.

"It's getting dark, you should head to your suite," Riven said, standing up.

"Alright, see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Riv." Mia said as she stood up.

Riven grabbed Mia's waist and pulled her close to him, "Goodnight," he said before kissing her again.

*****

When Mia walked into the suite, she saw Musa, Terra, and Aisha gathered around Stella.

"Is everything okay?" She asked them.

"Not really. I'm looking for Bloom, and for some reason, Stella is feeling guilty about it," Aisha answered.

Stella looked up from her phone, "Could everyone save the drama for drama club?"

"Wasn't she talking to Sky?" Terra asked.

"And?" Stella asked.

"And I know what happened to the last person who was talking to Sky. I was here last year, remember?" Terra said.

Stella scoffed and looked down at her phone.

"Stella, where's Bloom," Mia asked, feeling both worried for Bloom and angered by Terra's voice.

"She was feeling homesick. So, I did a nice thing, and I lent her my ring so that she could go back to the First World," Stella answered.

"Doesn't your ring only work outside the barrier?" Mia asked.

"Yes, and there's a gateway in the old cemetery," Stella responded.

"That's deep in the forest, Stella," Terra said.

"Well, what are we waiting for. Let's go find Bloom before a Burned One does," Mia said before everyone except for Stella run out of the suite.

They ran up to the barrier and walked through it. It took them a while to reach the cemetery, but eventually they did.

"Are you okay," Aisha said once she saw Bloom.

"Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I think so. What the hell was that thing?" Bloom asked, out of breath.

"A Burned One," Mia answered.

Bloom looked at them and asked, "Where's Stella?"

"She stayed at the school. We got worried when we couldn't find you and she said that she gave you her ring, so we came here to look for you," Aisha explained before Headmistress Dowling walked up to them.

"Let's head back to Alfea, girls," she said before walking back to the campus.

The girls walked in silence all the way to their suite before Aisha spoke up, "The Headmistress will take care of the Burned One, Bloom. She won't let it into the first world. Don't worry. Your parents are safe."

Bloom nodded, "Thanks," before walking into her's and Aisha's room.

Mia walked into her room, pulled out her phone, and texted Riven.

Mia:
Hey, just had the weirdest night. You up for a smoke?

Riven:
Sure, meet me in the courtyard.

Mia:
Kk, see you.

Mia put her phone back in her pocket and left her suite.

When Mia got to the courtyard, she saw Riven shotgunning another girl, before she walked off.

"I don't know whether to be turned on or jealous right now," Mia said as she walked up to Riven.

"Turned on, hopefully," Riven said.

Mia chuckled before she grabbed his joint and started smoking it.

"Why don't we go to my room and have some fun," Riven suggested.

"Sure," Mia said, before kissing him.

Riven grabbed her hand and they walked to his and Sky's dorm, sharing the cigarette together.

*****

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Have a great week :)

Published: 02/21/2021

Words: 1,005