1.5) Wither Into The Truth - Pt. 2

Third Person's POV:

The next morning, Mia woke up, got ready, walked into Bloom and Aisha's room.

"I'll charge the battery and you can free her, that way we look less suspicious," Mia whispered in her ear.

Bloom nodded, "Yeah, okay," and gave her the trinket.

Mia left the suite walked to the Stone Circle.

Once Mia got to the Stone Circle she immediately started charging the "fairy battery".

When she heard footsteps behind her she quickly hit the battery under the book and turned out to see Sky walking up to her.

"What's that?" He asked.

Mia chuckled, "That's a book. I'm a bit concerned you've never seen one, though."

Sky stood close to her and quickly grabbed the battery from under the book.

"What is this, Mia? I'm trying to be on your side, but your making very difficult. You can trust me," Sky said.

"That's the thing though, I'm not sure I can trust you. But maybe I can convince you that what I'm doing is right," Mia sighed, "Let's just start with this, have you ever heard of Aster Dell?"

After a few minutes of Mia explaining what Beatrix told her Sky said, "We've lived at Alfea our entire lives. Silva's raised us."

"I saw Aster Dell with my own eyes," Mia said.

"He would never help massacre an entire village," Sky said.

"Even if he thought he was killing Burned Ones? If he thought he'd help save more lives in the future?" Mia asked.

"He's your father Mia. He's not evil," Sky said.

"I don't think Dowling and Dad are evil, Sky. I think that they're protecting this place, but they're also protecting themselves. So, whatever happened that day, whatever the truth is, they're not gonna tell me. Especially not Dad, he'd never want me to think negatively of him," Mia said.

"What about the part you said about him not being you father? You can't possibly believe that," Sky said.

"Sky, let's be logical for a second. I'm a pretty powerful fairy, magic isn't hard for me. It doesn't make sense that I came from two non-fairy parents that didn't even start my magical training until a couple years ago. Also, my birthday is 3 days after Bloom's and 5 days after Beatrix's, that can't just be a coincidence. I just want answers," Mia said.

Sky sighed, "I get it, I know what's it like to want to know more about you parents," Sky said before clearing his throat, "Can pass me my water bottle?"

"Sure," Mia said as she put the sedative in his water and gave it to him.

He took a few sips and right as he was about to say something the fairy battery made a noise, signifying that it was funny charged.

"You haven't told me what this is yet. You still don't trust me," Sky said as Mia grabbed the battery.

"I do actually, but I also know that if I told you, you'd stop me," Mia said before Sky started to stumble.

"What's happening?"

"It's just a tiny sedative. Dane said it would only last for a little bit. I'm so sorry," Mia said right before Sky passed out.

Mia grabbed the battery and book and put them in her bag. As she leaving Stone Circle, sage pulled out her phone and texted Bloom.

Mia:
Battery charged. Meet me you know where.

Bloom:
Alright, on my way.

She put her phone back in her pocket and walked to where Beatrix was being kept.

When Mia saw Bloom, she handed her the trinket.

"I'm going to hide in the shadows until you come out with Beatrix. Once the two of you come out, I'll hide all three of us and then we'll get Beatrix somewhere safe," Mia said.

Bloom nodded, "Okay," she said before Mia used disappeared into the shadows.

Bloom stood around for a few seconds waiting for Dane when they heard, "He's not coming," Terra said as she and Terra walked up to Bloom.

"What the hell are you doing, Bloom?" Aisha said, "Breaking Beatrix out?"

"Dowling has been lying to me. Everyone here is lying. You guys don't know what I know," Bloom said.

"We do. Dane told us about Aster Dell," Aisha said.

'what the hell, Dane?' Mia thought as she listened to the conversation.

"So, you get it? You understand that w-" Bloom said before getting interupted by Terra, "No. No, Bloom. My dad would never do something like that."

Bloom scoffed before Terra continued, "Beatrix is a liar and a murderer."

"Your his daughter, Terra. And your Dowling's little helper. I'm not gonna convince either of you that this is right," Bloom said.

"I'm not Dowling's little helper. I've been spying on the woman for days for you," Aisha said.

"What?" Terra asked.

"The point is, I've seen how hard she's trying. They're all trying to keep us safe," Aisha said.

"They lied about a woman being dead for 16 years, about a war crime!" Bloom exclaimed, "I get that you guys wanna believe in them, but they're destructive, maybe even dangerous!"

"Bloom, listen to yourself. You literally sound like a crazy person," Terra said.

"We haven't told anyone what you're doing. And if you just give us the key, we won't. But if you don't... I don't want to see you in the cell next to her," Aisha said.

Mia watched as Bloom got increasingly angry at Terra and Aisha. Her eyes glew a bright orange and her hands lit on fire.

"We're your friends, Bloom," Terra said.

Mia was about to come out of hiding and stop Bloom, when her eyes went back to their normal color and the fire on her hands went out.

Bloom looked around, horrified for a couple of seconds before reaching into her bag and handing them the "fairy battery".

'Seriously, Bloom?' Mia thought.

"I know how hard this must be-" Aisha said before getting interrupted by Bloom, "No, you don't. None of you do," she said before walking away.

Mia left as well, deciding that it was finally time to find out the truth.

*****

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and I hope you all have a great and wonderful week! :)

Published: 05/02/2021

Words: 1,047