1.2) No Strangers Here - Pt. 2

Third Person's POV:

After class, Mia decided to head over to the specialist field and watch some of the specialists train. She was standing in-between Riven and Sky, watching two first year specialists spar.

"Sweep the leg," Riven said to the female first year, causing her to beat her opponent.

"Could you try being 50% less of a dick?" Sky asked.

"Well, I'd be 50% less fun," Riven replied.

"Remember what a lost cause you were last year? Two black eyes and a sprained ankle, day one," Sky said.

"What do you want, a handy for taking me under your wing? I thought my friendship was reward enough." Riven said.

Sky patted Riven's cheek, "It is," before standing up and walking towards Stella, who was standing a few feet away.

A few second later, the male first year specialist sat down next to his bag, which just so happened to be next to Mia and Riven.

When he took out his phone, Riven whistled at him and said, "Get off your phone."

"And I'd listen to you because?" The specialist asked.

Riven sat down next to the male specialist, "Because you full-creeped on my Insta last night, and I haven't told anyone."

"I-I was just curious about all the second years and my fingers sliped," he stuttered.

"Oh, your fingers slipped? Is that what we're going with?" Riven chuckled.

"Look, I'm feeling generous. I might not be feeling that way much longer. First piece of advice is, choose your friends carefully this year. Second, focus. Get your mind in it, man. You fought Kat with your limbs and you lost. Being a good specialist is not about how big you are, it's not about how strong, it's... It's all about strategy," Riven said.

"Hey, Mikey!" Riven yelled before whispering in the specialists ear, "Let's do this."

Riven stood up on the platform and sparred with Mikey.

"My name's Mia by the way. I'm a fairy," Mia said, smiling at the specialist next to her.

"I'm Dane," he smiled back.

"Well, Dane. You don't have to worry about Riven. He may seem intimidating and kinda douchey, but he's not a bad guy. Just don't tell him I told you that," Mia chuckled.

Dane nodded his head before they both looked at Riven and Mikey, just in time to see Riven tackle and pin him.

Riven smiled and looked at Dane, "You see?"

*****

Mia and Riven were walking towards the barrier when Beatrix walked up to them, "Lurkey stoner guy and mysterious shadow fairy, right?"

"Or Mia and Riven, though I wouldn't call myself mysterious," Mia chuckled.

"Your name is Riven, really?" Beatrix asked and she grabbed on of Riven's elbows and one of Mia's.

"Can we help you?" Riven asked Beatrix.

"Actually, you two can," she said before dragging them into a secluded place full of 7-8 foot tall shrubs.

"You two seem like proper delinquents," Beatrix said.

"Depends on who's asking," Mia said.

"The person who wants to break into Dowling's office. I thought you two might want to help." Beatrix said.

"And why would you think that," Riven said.

"Because you're a guy and I'm hot. Or did I misjudge the depth of your character."

Mia smirked and leaned in close to Beatrix's face, "And what will we get?"

Beatrix smirked back, "Guess we'll see, won't we? You guys in?"

"Sure," Mia said before grabbing Riven's hand and walking alongside Beatrix.

*****

Riven, Mia, and Beatrix were in Ms. Dowling's office, "Ms. Dowling takes 30 minutes for lunch, and her assistant Callum, gets 15," Riven said.

"Somebody's done this before," Beatrix commented.

"That's why you came to me, right? A proper delinquent," Riven said as Mia poured herself some whiskey.

"Also, if you see a vape somewhere tell me. Dowling took mine last year," Riven said.

"A vape? Everytime you seem cool, you say something that ruins it," Beatrix said, making Mia chuckle.

"It's still weed."

"So smoke a joint," Mia told him.

"Not you too," Riven said to Mia before looking a Beatrix, "What are you looking for anyway? Test answers?"

"Please. The tests they give now might as well be written in crayon. I'm looking for the shit they don't teach. The secrets. The history of this place is a lot darker than Dowling and the rest of the faculty want us to know. I want that truth. Don't you?" Beatrix responded.

"So, wait, you're like some... hot, f*cked up, history nerd?" Riven asked.

"What, is that a confusing archetype for you, Riv?" Mia asked before downing the rest of her whiskey and pouring herself some more.

"Not one bit," He said as he pulled Mia into his lap and gave her a kiss.

Beatrix walked up to them and leaned in close to Mia, "Can I kiss you?"

"Wow, hot and asks for consent. You just got 10 times sexier," Mia said before pulling Beatrix into a kiss.

When they separated, Riven cupped Beatrix's cheek as they all leaned in clos together and shared a three-way kiss.

*****

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

Published: 03/07/2021

Words: 872