1 - PILOT

GOLDEN
PILOT

OF all the changes that Dawson Leery could've faced, the biggest was his sister Kimberly

OF all the changes that Dawson Leery could've faced, the biggest was his sister Kimberly. There was a time when like him, she was passionate about movies, geeked over comic books and Spielberg movies.

Since the beginning of summer, the summer before their first day of high school, she changed. She became obsessed with boys, makeup, and even signed up for the cheerleading squad.

Worst of all, she became distant. She no longer attended movie nights with him and his best friend Joey.

Instead she spent her nights studying which was a rare sight for her and/or making out with the hottest guys in her grade. Dawson didn't understand this newfound persona that she had developed and he didn't entirely appreciate it. It ruined his perfect movie storyline that was his life.

Tonight as Dawson and his best friend, Joey Potter, watched E.T. for the thousandth time, Kimberly Leery was in her own room talking to golden boy Justin Hall. She looked like she came straight out of a chick flick, sitting on her bed, phone to her ear as she wrapped the cord around her finger.

Dawson swiftly opened Kim's bedroom door causing her to jump out of her skin. On the other line, Justin asked if she was alright but received no answer. "Jeez, don't you knock?"

Dawson's eyebrows furrowed. "When have I ever knocked?"

Kim sighed, placing the phone down on her bed. She walked towards her brother, placing a hand on the door and door frame. "We're 15, Dawson. We need to make some changes"

"Why does everyone keep saying that? Why do things need to change?"

"We're growing up which means you need to understand the concept of privacy. Start knocking before coming in here." She instructed. "Now, what do you want?"

"Pizza." He declared, opening the box of cold pizza "Joey and I are finished for the night, we've got leftovers."

"Has she gone home?" Kim asked, taking the pizza box from him.

"No, she's gonna spend the night."

Kim froze."She is?"

"Yeah" Dawson answered with the most oblivious smile on his face. Analysing the look on his sister's face, it fell. "Why?"

"Nothing, nothing. It's just you know, 15, changes-" Kim hinted.

Dawson released an exasperated laugh. "God, why does it matter? Joey said that exact same thing. Just because we're fifteen doesn't mean the world is going to implode. Why can't things stay the same?"