2 - DANCE

GOLDEN
DANCE

KIM arrived at her house that night completely alone

KIM arrived at her house that night completely alone. If it wasn't for the fact the Capeside had a crime rate of zero, then Kim would be freaking out. Lucky for her, nothing that dramatic has ever happened at Capeside. She went to school the next morning as she expected; alone. In all fairness, it was Kim that ditched the Scooby gang at the beginning of summer but she was starting to realise what a lonely journey that actually was.

She walked up to the school grounds, lost in her own thoughts. She hadn't even noticed the six foot jock that was walking beside her, calling her name. He placed a hand on her shoulder as he called once more. "Kim."

Kim's trance snapped and she jumped in fright. Justin Hall, the all-round golden boy and athlete right in front of her. "Justin, hey."

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, considering her recent state of paralysation.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just get lost in my own head sometimes." She assured him with a warm smile which seemed to ease the boy. Justin Hall was everything girls dreamed off. Tall, dark, and handsome. He had a 4.0 gpa and was captain of virtually every sports team. What topped everything off was that he was a genuinely nice guy.

"So, I had a question for you." He declared, piquing Kim's interest. Justin took a deep inhale before asking. "Would you like to go to the dance with me?"

Kim smiled. She found his nervousness quite cute. She never thought she'd see the day where Justin Hall, a jock, would be nervous. She assumed they were all self-absorbed, over-confident jackasses. It was refreshing to find someone who was the complete opposite. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear in that teen cliche way and replied. "Yeah, I would love to."

And just like that, Kim Leery had a date to the dance. The Kim Leery from three months ago would never have just landed a date like that. Back then, she didn't speak to basically anyone other than her inner circle and talking to guys specifically was out of her wheelhouse. She was kind of proud of what she had become but a part of her missed the girl she used to be.

The rest of the day didn't seem to matter to Kim. All that was on her mind was the dance. The dance and Justin Hall. Thoughts clouded her mind all day. What would she wear? What if he wanted to dance? What if he kissed her?

Her english class managed to drag her back to reality for a split second as Ms Jacobs came in. Kim noticed the pouty look on Pacey's face, assuming that maybe he had come to terms with the fact that Ms Jacobs was just another fantasy. "Someone explain to me the state of Catherine's mind as she drove Heathcliff away."

Nellie Oleson shot her hand in the air to be called upon. "Oh! It was her tragic and dysfunctional way of letting him know she loved him."