4 - DISCOVERY

GOLDEN
DISCOVERY

KIM returned home after Justin's confession of past lovers

KIM returned home after Justin's confession of past lovers. She felt the sudden need to cover up as she walked in her house. It was Justin who was playing the vulnerable one but she felt exposed. Like she was suddenly being analysed as to whether or not she was girlfriend material. Not just girlfriend material but quarterback girlfriend material.

She reached for the closest hoodie when she walked inside. Her parents greeted her from the living room and she offered a quiet hello as she passed them. She walked upstairs to her room, forgetting to even shut the door as she flopped onto her bed. She stared at her ceiling and she remembered all she could about Regan Scanlon.

Regan was Dawson Leery's fantasy. The good girl, girl next door type. She was just everything. There was no other word to describe her. She was perfect in every way imaginable. And Kim? She wasn't perfect. How could I guy make that kind of transition? A downgrade. She could never live up the inevitable expectation that would befall him.

"You're never going to believe what I found." Dawson burst into her room. He held the biggest smile on his face as if he was inches away from laughter.

"I don't care Dawson." She told her brother, just wanting to close her eyes and forget the night.

"Trust me you do." He promised. Kim sighed as she removed herself from the bed. She swore as she followed him and if it was anything less than promised she would beat him with his own VHS collection.

She entered his room to find Joey Potter sitting on his bed. She too held the same smiley expression and wide eyes. Dawson led his sister next to the Potter girl. The noirette furrowed her brows in confusion. Dawson pressed play on the recording and Kim turned to look at the footage.

She gasped as she covered her mouth. "Oh my god, is that-"

"Ms Jacobs? Yes." Dawson answered in excitement as if he found the whole thing utterly hilarious. Kim probably would've seen the funny side of it if she hadn't known exactly who the mysterious brunette was. She also knew fine well she was going to kick his ass as soon as she found him.

¤¤¤

The trio met up with the remaining two members of their little group. Usually, Kim wouldn't be spending her afternoon with them but she was here for one reason and one reason only. "So, there she is, on tape, doing it with some guy." Dawson summed up for Pacey and Jen.

"Ms Jacobs, as in sixth period english Ms Jacobs?" Jen asked as the idea was completely unfathomable.

"The very same."

"Wait a minute, what are you talking about? You have a tape of Tamara?" Pacey asked. A part of him wondered if she had been doing it with another guy on the side. He became nervous, wanting to know every detail he could about the tape.