23. After Midterms

Third Person

ONE MONTH LATER

After successfully in tutoring Nabin without getting caught, Yeonjun managed to keep Youngjae's identity hidden from her and today was the last day of their midterm exam for the semester.

Now that everyone is done with the exam, most of them already left school, but Najun didn't.

Since Yeonjun has been taking care of his foot by resting it well, he got his cast taken off earlier than expected. He's currently on his way to Nabin's classroom, so he can take the bus with her and walk her home.

When he arrived in front of her classroom, he quickly fixed his hair and straightened his clothes, before opening the door to see her taking a nap.

He quietly walked up to the desk next to her and sat down, before resting his head on his hand and gazing at her. He noticed the hair strands in her face, so he decided to move it.

*She must've stayed up last night studying.* He smiled before gently tucking them behind her ear.

After a few seconds, his eyes slowly trailed down to her lips and he started to lean foward. Before he could get any closer, Nabin slowly opened her eyes and stared at Yeonjun, who was a couple of centimeters away from her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"S-Sorry!" He immediately stood up and blushed.
"I-I was moving some of your hair strands away from your face..."

"Oh..." She lifted her head and stretched her arms. "Where did everyone go?"

"They already left."

"What about you? Why are you still here?"

"I was waiting for you." He replied.

She got up and grabbed her backpack, "I'm gonna stop by the library real quick to drop off this book. If you want to follow, then go ahead."

Before he could reply back to her, she already made her way to the door, and Yeonjun quickly grabbed his bag and followed her.

"You know, for someone with short legs, you're pretty fast." He commented when he caught up.

"And you're slow for someone with long legs." She retorted.

"I'm just trying to match your speed." He grinned, cheekily, making her roll her eyes.
"Are you ready for the field trip next week?"

"Oh, I'm not going." She told him.

"Why not?" He raised his brows and titled his head forward to meet her eyes.

"Because I have to help my parents with the restaurant." She replied.

"Should I stay and help too?" He asked.

"No!" She accidentally raised her voice, which caused him to jump.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to do that, but I think you should go and have fun with everyone."

"But how can I have fun when you're not gonna be there..." He pouted, which made her heart melted.

"I'll be there by zoom." She joked and he let out a small laugh, before the both of them arrived in front of the library. "Wait here."

"Okay." He said as he watched her walk inside. When she was done, she was about to leave, until she remembered she had to get another book for Joohee.

After searching around and finding it at the top of the shelf, she tried reaching for it but failed. As she looked around for the ladder, someone from the other side grabbed the book and left with it.

Still looking for the ladder, she didn't notice it was gone, until she gave up and decided to grab the book again to realize it wasn't there anymore.

"What the hell? Where did it go?" She asked while searching around for it.

"Are you looking for this?" Someone asked her, which made her immediately roll her eyes when she recognized the voice.

She turned around and frowned at the sight, "If I said I was, are you gonna give it to me?"
*Why am I even asking? I already know he's gonna say no.*

"If you do me a favor." Jungho said.

"I knew it, should've kno— wait what?" She eyed him suspiciously, "What kind of favor..."

"Convince Joohee to go on a date with me."

"Ew, fuck no!" She immediately declined.
"She doesn't even like you, so why the hell should I do that?!"

"Because I—" Before he could finish his sentence, Yeonjun quietly snuck up behind him and snatched the book out of his hand.

Yeonjun read the book's title, How To Make Your Crush Like You Back.

Not wanting to question it, he handed the book to Nabin and blocked her from seeing Jungho.

"I was wondering why you were taking so long, so I decided to come in and look for you." He said.
"You're not mad right?"

"Of course not, I'm actually glad you're here." She smiled, which made his heart fluttered once again.
*I didn't want to continue wasting my breath talking to that idiot.*

"Come on, we should go." Nabin said as she put the book back and grabbed Yeonjun's hand afterwards.

Once they left the school and walked all the way to the bus stop station, they quickly got on the bus and went to the back seats. When Nabin finally let go of his hand, Yeonjun felt disappointed because he wanted them to keep holding hands.

*Her hands were so soft and warm...* He pouted.

*I'm so tired...* She yawned before slowly dozing off.

"Hey Nabin," Yeonjun called her.

"Mm?" She looked at him.

"D-Did you give Taehyun an answer yet?" He suddenly asked her and she nodded her head.
"You did?!"

"Yes I did, now stop talking." She told him.
"I want to sleep..."

"Oh sorry." He apologized right away, before pursing his lips together and sitting there awkwardly.

He took a couple of glances at her and chuckled at the sight of her head continuously falling. When he noticed her head was about to land on the window, he quickly placed his hand to prevent her from hurting herself, before slowly moving her head to his shoulder.

*Wait, if she gave already Taehyun an answer, did she say yes or n—*

"I like you..." Nabin started mumbling in her sleep.

"Huh?" Yeonjun leaned his head forward to look at her. "What did you say?"

"I like..." She trailed off.

"Like what?" He asked, but she didn't answer.
*Was she sleep talking?* He thought before looking straight ahead.

Nabin carefully opened one of her eyes to see if Yeonjun was looking. She mentally sighed in relief when he wasn't.

*That was a close one.* She thought as she closed her eyes again. *I'm gonna pretend I'm still sleeping, so I won't make the same mistake again.*