25. Field Trip (1)

Nabin

After Joohee and I made it to our hotel room, we entered the room and set our luggages on the bed. I immediately plopped myself next to my luggage and laid there for a good minute.

"How's the bed?" Joohee asked as I heard her unzip her luggage.

"Comfy," I replied without looking at her.

"Since we're gonna stay here for 2 days and 1 night, I got us something for us and the boys tonight."

"What is it?" I asked as I turned my head to see her holding a wine bottle. "Why the hell do you have that? Didn't Mr. Kim check everyone's luggages before getting on the bus earlier?"

"He said he didn't need to check mine because he knows I would never bring anything bad." She beamed.

"The bottle looks expensive." I commented.
"Where did you get it?"

"I took it from my dad's wine collection." She said. "I hope he doesn't mind because I brought another one."

"I—"

"Anyways, we should hurry and go back to the lobby. Mrs. Bae said she has something to say to everyone before we start our first activity."

I groaned, "Ugh, do we have to?"

"Yes, now get up."

"Fine," I sighed before slowly getting up. After she quickly hid the bottles away, we exited out of the room and walked to the elevator.

While we were waiting for the elevator to arrive at our floor, I noticed Joohee was frowning the whole time.

"What's with the frown? Is there something wrong?"

"I just remembered we're not in the same group." She sighed, "Who am I supposed to hang out with if you're not there?"

"Isn't Beomgyu in the same group as you?" I asked.

As soon as I mentioned Beomgyu's name, her frown gradually turned into a wide smile.

"Yes, yes he is." She said before the two of us entered the elevator. I pressed the button to the first floor and watched the door closed.

"I heard you got both Jungho and Eunji in yours," Joohee commented. "Such a bad combo."

"I don't really have a problem with Eunji, but—"

"How do you not have a problem with her? She tried to steal your man!"

"What are you talking about? Yeonjun isn't my boyfriend, so there's nothing to steal in the first place." I told her.

"The fact you knew I was talking about him tells me otherwise."

"I mean who else is there if not Yeonjun?"

She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"Anyways, I hope Jungho stays away from me because I'm on my period and you know how I am when I'm on it."

"Ohhhh, that's why you didn't want to go on the field trip. It's because of Tom."

"Yeah, I could've been home right now if it wasn't for Yeonjun." I frowned.

"Hey, don't blame Yeonjun for wanting you to come and have fun with everyone." She said.

"I'm not blaming him." I crossed my arms.

"Mhm, sure you aren't."

"Tch, believe me or not, it's the truth."

"Anyways, good luck with Tom because you'll need it." She patted my back before walking out after the door opened.

"Yah! Wait for me! Let's go together!" I said before walking out of the elevator and following her.

Third Person

"Now that everyone is here, is there anyone who still doesn't know what group they're in?" Mrs. Bae asked and a couple of students raised their hands.

"All the students who raised their hands can go to Mr. Kim over there," She pointed at him.
"While the others can go ahead and follow Ms. Jeong to the bus."

"I have a question!" A fellow classmate raised her hand. "Where are we going?"

"We're going to a planetarium." Ms. Jeong answered.

"We're gonna look at plants? How boring," Hueningkai commented.
"I thought we were gonna do something fun."

"We're gonna look at planets, not plants." Soobin corrected him.

"Oh... make senses," Hueningkai smiled sheepishly.

"Hey," Yeonjun nudged Beomgyu.
"Have you seen Nabin?" He asked.

Beomgyu shook his head, "Now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen her and Joohee since we got here. Maybe they're already on the bus?"

"If they are, I hope they're not sitting together because I want to sit next to Nabin." Yeonjun said.

"Of course you do," Beomgyu sarcastically rolled his eyes.

After they walked to the bus and got on, Yeonjun saw Nabin already sitting with Joohee, which made him frown.

As he made his way towards the empty seats in the back, Joohee got up from her spot to say something to Beomgyu, and Yeonjun quickly took this chance to sit beside Nabin.

Nabin didn't even notice Joohee got up because she was distracted by the dogs outside of the window.

"What are you looking at?" Yeonjun asked, which caused her to flinch.

She turned her head and slightly pushed him,
"Yah, you scared me!"

"Sorry," He smiled sheepishly before leaning towards the window.
"What were you looking at?"

"Do you see those dogs in the park?" She pointed and he nodded.

"They're cute," He commented.

"I know right!" She said with a wide smile before turning her head to see Yeonjun staring at her.

Her smile slowly disappeared as her heart rate began to increase.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked.

"No,"

"Then why do you keep staring at me..."

"Just because,"

"Because what—" Nabin was immediately cut off when her lips suddenly made contact with Yeonjun's.

Both of their eyes widened and she quickly pushed him away, "Y-Yah! What was that for?!"

"S-Sorry! I-I didn't mean t-to do that!" He stuttered. "T-The bus suddenly s-started moving and w-without me knowing, I..." He couldn't bring himself to finish his sentence.

"J-Just sit down properly!" She told him.
"I-I don't want it to happen again..."

"Sorry..." He quietly apologized before properly sitting down beside her.

None of them dared to say anything to each other and decided to remain silent during the whole ride.

————

A/N: Sorry for the late update! Also I have a question for y'all, who should I write next?