34. The Reason Why (2)

Young Yeonjun

"You still haven't found your blazer yet?" Soobin asked as we left the ice cream store and made our way towards the bus stop.

"Nope, I checked the lost and found earlier and it wasn't there." I replied.

"Hmm, you think someone stole it?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, maybe? At this point, I think I'll just buy a new blazer and name tag."

"But that's gonna be around $75!" Soobin exclaimed.

"I know but there's nothing I can do about it. I just have make sure to not lose it again." I sighed.

After arriving at the same time as the bus, we were about to get on until Soobin suddenly received a text from his mom. He pointed at her car on the other side of the street.

"As much as I wanted to come over and play games with you today, my mom just asked me to go grocery shopping with her." Soobin rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"It's fine, we can do it another time. I'll see you at school tomorrow." I waved goodbye.

"Bye bye." Soobin waved back before jogging to the other side of the crosswalk.

Once I entered the bus and scanned my card, I took a seat near the front and quickly noticed a girl from Ito Junior High got on after me.

Hmm, she looks really familiar. I thought before squinting my eyes to read her nametag, Jung Nabin.

FLASHBACK

After making to the bus stop and brushing the snow off my hair, I quickly rubbed my hands together and blew on them for warmth.

While waiting for the bus, I looked around my surroundings to distract myself from the cold and my eyes immediately landed on a student from Ito Junior High.

For the first time, my heart fluttered, *W-Wow... I didn't know a beautiful girl like her goes to Ito.* I thought to myself, not realizing I was staring TOO HARD.

She suddenly turned towards my direction and briefly made eye contact with each other, before I looked away and blushed.

Once her bus arrived, she walked past me to get to the door and she accidentally dropped her nametag on the way.

I instantly noticed it and tried to call for her, but it was already too late. I picked up her nametag and read it, Jung Nabin.

FLASHBACK ENDS

I didn't think I would see her again until today.

"Oh! Thank you ahjussi." She bowed at the driver for reminding her and scanned her card, before taking a seat by the window in the middle section.

I decided to gather all of my courage and go talk to her since I couldn't last time. As I got up from my seat and made my way to her, I noticed she was looking down with a frown on her face.

Did something happen to her? She looks upset... Hmm, I think I have an idea to cheer her up!

Before the bus arrived at my stop, I quickly rummaged through my pockets for a lollipop I got at the ice cream store earlier. Once I found it, I held it out in front of her.

"Here, you seem upset." I said before placing the candy in her hand.

"Thank you," She mumbled, still looking down.

"No problem, I hope you feel better." I smile widely at her, even though she wasn't looking before getting off.

It was seeing you again Nabin. Hopefully you're in a good mood when I see you next time, until then I hope you have a nice rest of the day.

Young Nabin

2 YEARS LATER

After successfully passing junior high and helping out my parents with their fried chicken business for the whole summer break, I went to the orientation for Eternal High School which was the week before school officially started.

"Now that I explained all the rules, is there anyone who still doesn't know which group they're in?" Mr. Lee asked and a couple of students including myself raised our hands.

"Okay, all the students who just raised their hands can go to Ms. Wang over there to get their group number, while the rest of you can go ahead and get in your groups." He said before walking away.

While I was making my way to Ms. Wang, I decided to make small conversations with this pretty girl, "I can't believe we're about to be high schoolers in a week."

"I know right! I'm so excited!!" She beamed. "Also was it just me, or did your junior high years went by fast for you too?"

"Not for me! Every single day was torture!" I complained and she laughed.

"By the way, my name is Baek Joohee." She introduced herself. "What's yours?"

"Jung Nabin."

"Pleasure to meet you Nabin!" She smiled.

"Likewise," I smiled back.

After getting our group number, the both of us ended up in the same group, which made us happy and relieved at the same time.

"Thank god we're in the same group because I don't have any friends here. They're all going to a different school." Joohee commented.

"Meanwhile I don't have any friends." I spoke nonchalantly.

"Really?" Joohee looked at me in disbelief and I nodded. "But how?! You're literally so freaking pretty and so nice! Like how do you not have any friends?!" She genuinely asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I just never bothered making some."

She nodded in agreement, "Makes sense."

Suddenly, a crowd of girls caught our attention and we both looked at each other in confusion before deciding to follow them. In the middle of the crowd, we saw a group of handsome boys and one of them immediately caught my eyes.

"Oh my god... Nabin! Do you see that guy second to the right!" She pointed but I was too busy looking at the guy in the middle. (Referring to the picture at the top)

"Isn't he handsome!" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, really handsome..." I replied in a mumble, still looking at the guy with the biggest eyes in the group.

"Hey Yeonjun!" I saw him call for his friend.
"Over here!"

When Yeonjun joined with the rest of the group, Joohee immediately gasped and stared at him in shock, "Oh my god! Is that actually Choi Yeonjun?!"

Choi Yeonjun?
Hmm, that name sounds familiar...

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Some shy guy who went to the same academy school as me, but he looks completely different now! He lost all of his baby fat, got taller, change his sense of style, and I'm guessing he had lasik eye surgery because he used to have really bad vision."

"I see... Wait, what was his name again?"

"Choi Yeonjun." She repeated his name, making me finally realize who he is.

It was that jerk from 2 years ago who made me drop my Got7 tickets in a rain puddle!

We suddenly made eye contact and I instantly glared at him while he smiled at me. Ever since that day, I started hating on Choi Yeonjun.