15. First Date (2)

Third Person

"Sorry for making you go up the stairs with me. I didn't know the elevator was broken..." Yeonjun apologized while rubbing his nape.

"You don't have to apologize. It's the least I can do. If I didn't drop the bowling ball, you wouldn't have a cast on your foot right now." Nabin said.

"It's okay, I only have to wear it for a month or two." He replied.

"Yeah, two months of no dancing." She commented.

"Yeah— Wait, how did you know I like dancing?" He questioned.
*Did she finally take an interest in me?*

"I just happened to hear it from Hueningkai when he was talking to his friends in class." She explained.

"Oh..."

"Are we there yet?" She asked.

"Almost. Just two more floors." He answered.

"Ugh, why is your place so high up?" She complained.

"We literally just walked up two flights of stairs." He stated.

"Shut up."

After walking up two more floors, Nabin and Yeonjun finally made it to his front door. Yeonjun slid up the keypad and started putting in the passcode. Once he unlocked it, he opened the door and she helped him in.

"Now that I dropped you off, I'm leaving now." She was about to walk away, until he grabbed her hand.

"Wait!" Nabin looked down at their hands.

*Why does my stomach suddenly feel weird...* She thought.
*Did I eat something bad this morning?*

"What do you want?" She asked as she pulled her hand away from his grasp.

"I was wondering if you can cook ramen for me before you leave."

"Excuse me? What the fuck do I look like to you? Your maid?" She questioned.
"Do it yourself, lazy ass."

"But the doctor told me to rest my foot and not to move around a lot..." He sadly pouted.

"Ugh, fine." She heaved a sigh of annoyance.
"I'll make your stupid ramen."

"Thank you." He smiled.
"And while you're at it, you can make some for yourself if you want."

"I'm not hungry—" She was cut off when her stomach decided to growl loudly.
"Okay, where's your ramen stash?"

Yeonjun let out a small chuckle and pointed at the pantry in the back, "They're in there."

Nabin quietly walked to the pantry in embarrassment and opened it to find a whole collection of ramen.

*What the heck is wrong with this guy?! Why does he have so many ramen!* She thought while looking for the ramen she wanted.

Still looking for the right brand, Yeonjun couldn't wait any longer, so he silently dragged himself to her and looked for the ramen he wanted.

When he found it, he was about to grab it, until Nabin suddenly reached for the same one. She couldn't get it because it was at the top and she was trying her best to grab it.

"Here, let me help." Yeonjun said as he reached for the ramen.

When his hand slightly brushed against hers, she quickly moved her hand and felt butterflies in her stomach again. Of course Nabin doesn't know that yet, so she assumed she was sick.

After Yeonjun got the bag of ramen, he took a step back and placed it on the counter.

"Hey do you have any medicines for stomachs?" She asked.

"Yeah, I think it's in my room. Let me go get it." He was about to walk away, until she stopped him.

"You know what, I don't need it anymore, so go back to the couch and rest your foot." She told him before picking up the ramen and went to the stove.

"Are you sure? The room is not that far—"

"Positive." She cut him off.
"Now go sit down."

"Ok mom." He said as he slowly walked towards her.

"Why are you coming to me?" She questioned.
"I told you to—"

He suddenly opened the cabinet above her and grabbed the first pot he saw. He quietly handed it to her before walking away.

"Thanks..." She mumbled and this time he didn't hear it.

Nabin

"Hurry hurry! Grab a random magazine and put it on the table!" I commented while rushing to the living room.

After I saw him place the magazine in the middle of the table, I quickly placed the pot on top of it and ran back to the kitchen. I swiftly grabbed the utensils and rushed back to the living room.

"Here's your chopsticks." I handed them to him.

"Thank you for the meal!" He beamed before digging in. I sat down in front of him and watched him devour it.

"Dude, slow down and take your time. No one's gonna steal your food." I said as I grabbed the lid and took some noodles.

I put them on the lid and slightly blow on them before eating it. I was about to grab more, until I realized most of the noodles were gone.

"Yah! Why didn't you save me any?!" I raised my voice.

"Sorry... I was very hungry, so I just kept eating...."  He replied as he rubbed his nape.

I sighed, "You're lucky you're cut— injured..."

"Do you want me to order something for you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No, I think I'm gonna leave." I told him before getting up.
"Sorry I ruined our date by breaking your foot. I promised to make it up to you on the next one."

"No, it's okay. You don't have to do that. Being with you is already good enough." He smiled, which made my heart flutter unknowingly.

"Well... I'm gonna go now. See you next time." I said before grabbing my stuff and left the apartment.

Aish... what's wrong with my heart? Why does it keep beating so fast.... I thought.
Is there something with me? Maybe if I think about something else like pizza, it'll probably stop?

After thinking about pizza for a split second, the image of Yeonjun's smile started appearing in my head again and I frivolously shook my head.

Ugh! Why do I keep thinking about him?! Is there something wrong with me? Do I have to go to the doctors?? Do I have to—

My phone started ringing and I took it out of my pocket to see an unknown number call me. Out of curiosity, I decided to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nabin, it's Taehyun."

"Taehyun?! W-Why are you calling me?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you can meet up with me?"

"Yeah, of course! Where?"

"At the playground near your place."

"Okay I'll be in 15 minutes! See you there!"

"See ya."