30. Ferris Wheel

Third Person

"I, Choi Yeonjun, likes, Jung Nabin." Yeonjun confessed. Even though Nabin already knew, hearing him say it herself made her feel ecstatic.

Before she could say anything, there was a group of friends playing around amongst themselves, and one of them accidentally spilled their drink on her favorite sweater.

"Oh my god, Nabin! Are you okay?!" Yeonjun asked as he grabbed a bunch of napkins from the side and started wiping her arm.

"I'm sad," She frowned.
"This was my favorite sweater..."

"How dare they!" Yeonjun started glaring at the short guy, who spilled his drink on Nabin.

One of his friends noticed him and he quickly nudged the short guy.

"Yah!" The friend shout-whispered to him.

"What?" The short one turned his head and looked at his friend with furrowed brows.

"I think you should apologize to his girlfriend because he looks like he's gonna kill you any second now..." He told him, which made the short guy turn his head to look at Yeonjun, then at Nabin.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't see you there." He apologized halfheartedly, before attempting to walk away.

Yeonjun quickly stood up from his chair to stop him, until he was interrupted by Nabin suddenly yelling, "Hey shortie!"

The short guy stopped his pace and turned around with a pissed expression, "What did you call—"

"Are you deaf?" Nabin cut him off as she got up from her spot. She crossed her arms and stared at him for a good 5 seconds.

"Wow, you really are short." She commented.
"We're like the same height."

"No we're not!" He retorted.
"I'm a little taller than you!"

"Yeah, only a little." She stated before pointing at her sleeve. "What are you gonna do about this stain that you caused? This is my favorite sweater and you just ruined it."

"You can easily wash it off with water." He told her.

"Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that. This coffee stain is definitely gonna disappear on this white sweater." She said sarcastically.

"Ugh, fine!" He pulled out his wallet and took out a decent amount of dollar bills before handing it to her. "Now you got the money to wash your sweater, can you leave me alone?!"

"Gladly," Nabin smiled before grabbing Yeonjun's hand. "Come on, let's go."

"Wait, where are we going?" Yeonjun asked as she dragged him out of the cafe with her.

"Back to the hotel," She replied.

"Wait! I don't wanna go back yet!" He told her.

"Then where do you want to go because we have enough money to go anywhere." She smiled while showing him a bunch of 10000 ($8.93) and a couple of 50000 won ($44.65).

"Wow, he really wanted you to leave him alone if he gave you that much." He said and she nodded.

"Yup, so where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Um, I don't know? To the amusement park?" I raised my brows, waiting for her approval.

"Sounds fun, let's go!" She beamed before the both of them walked to the nearest bus stop.

Nabin

After going on different kinds of rides for 2 hours, we were gonna leave because it was getting dark, until Yeonjun suddenly stopped and called my name.

"Nabin,"

"Yes?" I raised my brows.

"Do you want to go on the Ferris Wheel?" He asked while staring at it before changing his attention to me.

"The Ferris Wheel?" I turned my head and noticed how long the line was.
"Um, do you really want to go on it?" I asked.

"I mean yeah, but if you don't wanna go, then it's fine. We can go somewhere else." He said.

Let's see, do I really want to wait in line?
No, but since it's him, I'll do it.

"Well, since I always wanted to see how the view will look at the top, I guess we can go." I told him.

"Yay!!!!" He beamed before hugging me, which completely caught me off guard.

"Y-Yah," I stuttered.
"L-Let go so we can get in line before it gets long!"

"Oops, sorry!" He finally let go and smiled sheepishly at me. "I got so excited—"

"Less chit chatting and more walking," I grabbed his hand and pulled him in line with me.

After waiting for 10 minutes, we finally got on and we sat down in front of each other.

Well, this is awkward... We haven't said anything to each other yet because we were too busy staring outside.

"It's getting kinda cold as we get higher." I commented to break the silence.

"Here." He quickly moved himself next to me and took off his jacket. He was about to put it on me, but I stopped him.

"Wait, what about you?" I asked.

"I don't need it." He said as he placed his jacket around me.

"Are you sure? I don't think that thin sweater is gonna keep you warm enough." I said.

"Don't worry, I can handle the cold." He smiled, trying to reassure me.

"Then... let's share, I don't want you to get sick because of me." I told him.

"Aww, are you worried about me?" He asked.

"Of course not, you're just bothersome."

He pouted, "Would it kill you to be nice for once?"

"Yes—" I quickly got interrupted when I suddenly received a phone call from Joohee, which made me answer it out of habit.

"Hello?"

"NABIN!" She cried.

"Joohee? What's wrong! Why are you crying?!" I asked.

"B-B-BECAUSE BEOMGYU!"

"What about him?"

"H-HE—"

"He what?!" I started getting impatient.

"HE ASKED ME OUT!"

"I— I'm blocking you." I told her before ending the call and shoving my phone back into my pocket.

"What happened?" Yeonjun asked.

"I think Joohee was crying out of joy because Beomgyu asked her out." I said before looking outside of the window to admire the view again.

"Oh," After being quiet for a minute or two, Yeonjun was about to break the silence, until I beat him to it.

"I like you." I finally confessed before turning my head to look at him.

His eyes widened, "W-What?"

"I never thought I would say this but... I, Jung Nabin, like Choi Yeonjun, and I want him to be my boyfriend."