13. Failed

Nabin

"Please let me pass, please let me pass, please let me pass." I quietly prayed to myself before my teacher called my name.

I got up from my chair and walked up to the front to get my paper. After he handed it to me, I quickly went back to my desk and sat back down. I decided to wait for Joohee to get her back, so we can tell each other our grades.

After her name was called and got up to pick it up, I could already tell she got a good grade because of her face.

I looked at her and mouthed, "What did you get?"

"97." She smiled. Of course, she got an A. Why did I even ask?

I looked at my paper,
Alright, it's my turn to check mine.

I took a long deep breath and slowly exhaled before flipping my paper over to see a freaking 68 at the top!

"Ugh! How did I get a stupid 68?!" I questioned and started going through the questions.

Wait, I stopped.
DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE TO GO ON A STUPID DATE WITH YEONJUN?!

"No....." I shook my head in denial.
I refused to go on a date with him!

"If you guys have any questions, you can come and visit me in the staff room." The teacher said before leaving the room.

After he left, everyone got up from their chair and went to their friends to check their answers. Most of them went to Joohee because she's really smart even though she says she isn't.

Normally, I would go up to her and check my answers with her, but I stayed in my seat and decided to think about different ways to lie to Yeonjun that I passed.

"YES! I GOT A 100!" Hueningkai cheered, which snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Good job, Hueningkai!" Most of the girls in the room complimented him. "We're proud of you!"

"Thank you, Moa~" What the hell is a Moa?
"How about you, Nabin? What did you get?"

"W-Why do you want to know?" I asked as I grabbed my paper and hid it under my desk.

"Because I heard from Beomgyu that Yeonjun has been tutoring you for the past few days, so I want to know if you are showing any progress." He said.

"Well, I'm not gonna tell you so forget about it." I told him before getting up and walking out of the classroom with my paper.

"I really don't want to go on a date with him... I want to have my first date with Taehyun!" I complained and crumpled the paper into a ball.

Out of anger, I threw the ball straight at the wall and I saw it hit Yeonjun in the head. I immediately bursted into laughter.

Third Person

"Ow! What was that for?!" He asked before looking down at the ball on the floor and kicked it somewhere.

"I didn't mean to do that, but I'm so glad I did!" She laughed hysterically.

"Stop laughing! It was not funny!" He pouted as he crossed his arms.

She pursed her lips together to stop herself from laughing, but it didn't last long after she replayed the scene in her head again.

"Seriously! Stop laughing or else!"

"Or else what!" She provoked him and continued to laugh. As soon as she saw him move closer to her, her laughter started to fade away.

"W-Why are you coming near me?" She stammered as she slowly took a step back.

When she reached her limit, he stood in front of her and leaned forward to reach her eye level.

"What are you doing?! Back up!" She pushed him away and started fanning herself.
"Why is it so hot in here again?! This stupid school needs to fix their air conditioner!"

"Why? I think the AC is working perfectly." He commented.

"Then there's clearly something wrong with you." She told him.
"And why are you out here? Aren't you supposed to be in class right now?"

"I had to collect my classmates homework from last night and turn them in to my teacher." He explained. "How about you? Why aren't you in class right now?"

"Isn't it obvious? I have to use the restroom."

"Oh..." He awkwardly chuckled.
"Before you go, I heard your teacher already gave back your test scores, so what did you get?"

"Sorry, I can't answer that right now! I really have to use the restroom so see ya!" She said before sprinting away.

When she disappeared from his sight, he looked for the crumpled ball on the floor. After he found it, he picked it up and opened it.

"I can't believe she failed the test by two points." He stated.
"Although I wanted her to pass, I can't help but to be happy that she failed because now I have three dates with her~"

"Three dates with who?" Soobin asked, who appeared out of nowhere with a cup of ice cream in hand.

"Aish! Make some sounds when you walk!" Yeonjun told him before looking at his ice cream.
"Where did you get that?"

"It's a secret~" Soobin cheekily smiled at him before scooping a spoonful and eating it in front of Yeonjun's face.

"That's it!" Yeonjun quickly grabbed the cup out of Soobin's hand and started running far away from him.

"NOOO! NOT MY ICE CREAM!" He whined and chased after him.
*Even though I hate running, NO ONE TAKES MY ICE CREAM AWAY FROM ME!*

After chasing Yeonjun for 3 minutes, Soobin immediately gave up and went back to buy a new ice cream.