8. Disgusting

Nabin

"I'm gonna go to the restroom, so you can go ahead and go to class." I told Taehyun and he nodded.

"I'll see you later, bye." He said before giving me a little wave and walked away.

I quickly ran into the restroom and went straight into the cubical. I've been holding in my bladder since I left the house and I live 30 minutes away.

After I was done doing my business, I was about to flush the toilet until I heard someone say my name. Since I'm a curious person, I decided to listen to their conversation.

"Did you hear about what happened between Nabin and Yeonjun yesterday?"

"No, what happened?"

"Apparently, Nabin has a crush on Yeonjun and she went into the boys locker room to watch him change."

WHAT?! My eyes widened.
THAT'S NOT THE REASON WHY I WENT IN THERE, AND I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!

"Really? I thought Nabin hated him."

"I did too until my friend told me she pretended to hate him, so she could get his attention." EXCUSE ME?! MY HATRED FOR HIM IS REAL, YOU IDIOTS!

"Wait, isn't she dating Taehyun?"

"What? Where did you hear that from?"

"I heard it from Taehyun this morning. He was talking with his friends and he told them she was his girlfriend."

Taehyun told his friends I was his girlfriend? Why? Was he playing around? My mind was suddenly filled with questions and possibilities.

"Poor Taehyun. He doesn't know his girlfriend is trying to cheat on him with his best friend." Okay, I had enough listening to their bull crap.

I flushed the toilet to make them know my existence and walked out of the cubicle. They looked at me through the mirror and quickly turned around with widened eyes.

"N-Nabin? What are you doing here..." The girl with a ponytail asked.

"What do you think? I'm here to use the restroom." I told her before pushing her out of the way so I can wash my hands.

"Shit... do you think she heard us?" Her friend whispered, thinking I can't hear her.

"Which part?" I said while washing my hands.
"The locker? Pretending to hate him? Or trying to cheat on my nonexistent boyfriend?"

"I'm guessing you heard everything..."

"No shit Sherlock." I turned off the sink and grabbed a paper towel to dry my hands.
"So what year are y'all in?"

"We're in Year 2..." The ponytail answered.

"Oh really? Since I'm your senior, can I speak informal with y'all?" I asked and they nodded.

"First of all, I do not have a crush on Yeonjun. It's the other way around. Second, I'm not pretending anything. My hatred for him is real. Third, Taehyun and I aren't dating. We're just friends." I wish we were more though.

"So everything we just said wasn't real?" They asked and I nodded my head.

"I hope I didn't offend anyone. I just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding."

Third Person

20 minutes before class started, Yeonjun was waiting outside of Nabin's classroom, so he could have his skateboard back. As he was waiting, a lot of his fangirls came up to him and tried to give him gifts. He kindly rejected them and continued to wait.

"I'll see you guys later, bye." Joohee waved at her friends before turning around to see Yeonjun standing outside of her classroom.

"Hey Yeonjun!" She called and walked up to him.
"What are you doing here? Are you here for Nabin?"

"No, I'm waiting for Hueningkai to give me his pen." He lied. Joohee looked inside the classroom and saw Hueningkai sleeping.

"Maybe you should go inside and get it yourself." She suggested. "Hueningkai is knocked out."

"Oh okay." To make it more believable, he entered the classroom and walked up to Hueningkai's desk.

He quickly grabbed one of his pens from his pencil bag and was about to walk out of the room, until Nabin suddenly appeared in front of him.

*Ugh great, just the person I wanted to avoid.* She thought and crossed her arms. "What are you doing here?" She asked while frowning.

"I'm here to pick up my skateboard." He responded before looking down to see her empty handed. "Where is it?"

"I gave it to Taehyun." She answered.
"Now hurry up and move out of the way. I want to take a little nap before class starts."

He quietly moved to the side and Nabin was about to walk past him, until he suddenly grabbed her hand. "Wait!"

"Ew, don't touch me!" She exclaimed as she pulled her hand away. "Disgusting."

There was a strong sharp pain in Yeonjun's heart when he heard that word come out from her mouth. Without him knowing, a tear rolled down his cheek and it didn't hit him until Nabin said something.

"Y-Yah, why are you crying?" She was taken aback by his sudden reaction.

"I should go." He said, completely ignoring her question and walked out of the room.

"You know your words can hurt someone's feelings." Joohee commented and Nabin looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"How would you feel if Taehyun suddenly called you disgusting?" Joohee asked.

"Obviously hurt—"

"Exactly." She cut her off.
"So why would you say that to Yeonjun?"

"Because I hate him." Nabin deadpanned.

"You know, I'm getting really tired of hearing the same excuse." Joohee stated.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go take a nap." Nabin said before walking around Joohee and went to her seat.

She quickly put her head down and pretended to go to sleep. Although she doesn't want to admit it, she couldn't help but to feel guilty. After putting a lot of thought into it, she decided to apologize to him when he comes over to tutor her later.

"Nabin." Someone called her as they tapped on her shoulder. She lifted her head and made eye contact with Hueningkai.

*Why does he want to talk to me?* She thought.
"Yes?"

"Did you steal my pen?" He asked and Nabin furrowed her brows.

"No, what makes you think that?" She questioned.

"Because it was on your desk." He answered.

"Well, I don't know how it got there because I didn't take it." She told him.

"If you didn't take it, then who did it?"

"Don't know and don't care. Now leave me alone so I can sleep."

"Fine, I'll leave you alone after you look straight into my eyes and tell me you didn't take it." He said.

*What an annoying kid.* Nabin groaned before staring into his eyes. "I didn't take it."

"Okay, I believe you." He smiled and patted her head before walking back to his desk.

"What the fuck? Why'd he pat my head..." She mumbled before shrugging it off and took a short nap.