𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

❝𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      THE APPRENTICES DASHED through the castle, but it wasn't an easy task. The longer Lina tried to push on and keep up with Douxie, the more her legs felt like breaking. She tried to keep herself up for the sake of getting Alucia to safety, but it felt like she was being dragged along instead. It hurt to even talk or breathe at this point for her, but she knew that with every step she took, she was closer to reaching the end than she was before. Douxie, Archie, and Horus were far ahead from her, looking out for any of the knights and advancing further and further away. She suddenly heard Alucia's breath hitch as she held her and the youngest girl stopped in her tracks.

      "Lina, let me go," The eldest apprentice said, but her voice was so quiet that Lina could have imagined it. "I can walk, you can't. You've twisted your ankle and walking on it will only make it worse if you continue to carry me," She pressed her hand against the floor and it flashed purple for a moment and she stood back up. "I sent a message to Douxie since yelling from our position would only give away where we are. The two of you should get to the workshop so Merlin can help with your injuries."

      Lina scoffed at the decision. "And you? You just expect to wander around until the King finds you with a knife in your ribcage? For all we know, Arthur could find you passed out in the middle of the courtyard."

      The reply made Alucia roll her eyes. "I know my way around this cursed castle and I don't think Merlin would especially care if Morgana's apprentice bled all over his floors. I'll head to Morgana's room so we have to separate here. Have your familiar deliver a letter or something in a few hours because there's a high chance that your Master won't allow you to leave the workshop until tomorrow."

      Merlin's apprentice knew that she couldn't win the conversation. Though she hated to admit it, she knew her mentor wasn't fond of Morgana and Alucia—she hung her head low as she heard the sound of footsteps running back to where she was. She looked up to see Douxie and the familiars returning, but the phoenix was the only one flying in the air, the fire back on his body. Archie appeared to be awake, but the witch knew that he wasn't doing so well. She saw the dragon hop onto the floor and shifting back into his cat form, stretching out on the stone and cleaning his glasses afterwards. It was a miracle that they didn't break during the battle, considering the amount of shockwaves involved.

      "Loverboy, we'll split up from here. Take Lina and get to Merlin while I try to get to Morgana," Alucia instructed, using a bit of magic to move the frozen girl towards Douxie. The boy caught her in his arms, but she pushed herself to stand on her own. "Lina's stubborn but just get her help. Send a message once we're all clear."