𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

❝𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞

❝𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞.❞

❝𝐢'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?❞

[this chapter contains a semi-violent fight scene]

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      THE WORKSHOP WAS certainly not a safe place to hide in.

      Lina thought that this place would be able to serve as their temporary safe haven as the siege continued in the village below. She thought that defending this tower would be easy, considering the fact that she couldn't think of anyone that would want to break into here. The only thing of importance was the amulet that her mentor worked on constantly, but it was nowhere to be found when they arrived. She assumed that Merlin hid it in a place where only he knew, but there were others that were clever enough to figure such a thing out. She was not one of those clever people.

      Douxie had suggested that they try to tidy up around the room to get their minds off the battle raging below, but even Lina knew that he was worried as well. The boy had suddenly become silent instead of being...well, himself. He wasn't whistling any cheerful tune, no humming of any sorts. He was, however, on the verge of accidentally destroying one of the many vases on the shelves.

      It was rather hard for the witch to focus during the amount of time she spent in the haven. Her arms were hurting and her fingers were sore. She wasn't used to the amount of power she held in her hands, considering the fact that her new rings were no doubtedly formed out of dark magic. Each of the little ruby fragments glinted and sparkled every once in a while, reminding her of the events that transpired only a while ago. She knew that she was already reaching her normal limit with magic. She hadn't come close to her limit since the Winter Ball and it was a feeling she hated.

      "Um, Lina?" The witch heard her fellow apprentice speak up and she glanced at him with a vase in his hands. She noticed that his hands were shaking and her concern rose.

      "Are you alright? Why are you shaking?"

      The boy's eyes went wide. "Who's shaking? I'm not shaking!"

      Lina raised an eyebrow. "I can hear something rattling in the vase. You're shaking. Are you alright?"

      Before an answer could be issued, chills went down the girl's spine and her fingers twitched. There was a sudden change in the air, making her feel uneasy. She was cautious this time. She was holding her breath, not even daring to make a sound when the stained glass window near the stairs shattered. From the remains, she saw Alucia on her side as she landed near the fireplace. Morgana's apprentice had slammed against the table littered with books and scrolls, no doubtedly making a less than grand entrance.