𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬

❝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?❞

❝𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?❞

❝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

       ENDING UP IN King Arthur's court was certainly not something Lina had planned today.

       Then again, rarely anything went according to any of Lina's plans the day she was arrested by Hisirdoux Casperan. Who would have known that the same boy who arrested her would end up becoming her lover?

       The witch found it hard to reminisce as she stood in the throne room. Flashes from her past reminded her of how King Arthur sat upon the cursed throne in front of her and how she was forced to kneel before him. That was an insulting thing to remember. She would never bow to such a man. She remembered how she was practically dragged away by some knight or guard pulling her hair until Merlin thankfully interfered.

       The next memory she focused on involved Morgana as the true puppeteer behind the Winter Ball event. She remembered Morgana adorned in golden armor and Arius keeping Alucia captive with his scythe against her neck. The woman who Lina admired even turned out to be the one who ordered Victoria Taverna to lure her into the Wild Woods. Just standing in the throne room was sickening and the witch wanted to leave, but she didn't. She wanted to grant herself some kind of closure after all this time.

       The death of Alucia Valois only transpired three hours ago, but the weight of guilt was pushing down on the girl's shoulders. If it weren't for her reckless magic in the forest, Alucia wouldn't have been torn away from her. Alucia wouldn't have been subjected to whatever horrible torture and manipulation placed onto her by Morgana. All because of Evangeline Zhang, her old friend was gone and it was all her fault.

       She had stopped crying after Ingrid told her to guard the workshop with Douxie and Archie while she would find a way to take care of Alucia. According to Horus, Alucia's raven familiar had flown into the area moments after they left. The raven had circled around her companion, nudging her head and hand to gather her attention. The raven tried to inform her companion about the portrait of the Valois family found under the mess left in the store, only to receive a silent witch. The lone interaction made Lina's heart sink more and she tried to stay strong again. A part of her was thankful that she didn't witness the interaction for her mental state.

       "Are you alright?" Douxie asked the witch as she took her eyes off the Camelot throne. She gave a dry laugh to mask her pain.

       "I've been better. Let's just...gather what we need before we say goodbye one last time." She looked at Douxie, managing a small smile to assure him that she was fine for now. "I'll meet you at the steering tower by the next bell toll."