𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥

❝𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞

❝𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

       THE FIRST THREE hundred years were anything but easy for Evangeline Zhang.

       While the world evolved around her with cities and empires and civilizations, she quickly learned that she would have to adapt with it. As kings and their armies grew, so did the magic the world despised. Villages crumbled into ash while monarchs feasted as if they were gods—oh, they were the furthest thing from gods.

       That little fact didn't stop people from pretending to be gods.

       "Welcome to the new age." Eris announced to the two teenagers and changelings surrounded by the Gumm Gumm army. Her grin was wicked, her gloved hands holding golden blades attached to chains wrapped around her wrists. Lina noticed the new changes in the girl's armor, no doubtedly modified by Morgana herself. With the wave of Eris' right hand, a truck was lifted into the air and thrown towards the group. Before the witch could properly register what was happening, she felt the other end of the bleachers heave and shake as if someone had jumped off the top railing.

       Soaring above the surrounded group was a troll wielding the sword of Daylight. The Trollhunter brought the sword down as he met the truck in the air, slicing it clean in half. When he landed, Lina only saw Eris make a hmph noise, almost unimpressed.

       "Your humanity wasn't enough so the old man turned you into a beast. Pathetic," The Harbinger of Chaos taunted the Trollhunter as she readied her blades. "Let's finish this, golden boy."

       And Lina took that cue to run.

       She practically jumped over two bleacher seats at a time, running as far away from the Battle of the Bands stage as possible. Most of the area had been cleared out by now, except for the Gumm Gumms slowly making their way towards the area where Eris was leading the army. The witch dodged past the soldiers, diving to the side to avoid their spears when she saw two teenagers surrounded by three other Gumm Gumms.

       Not wasting another thought, she sprinted over to them. Upon recognizing one of the teenager's light blue hoodie, her heart almost stopped. Gemma was one of the teenagers there, cornered and possibly about to become nothing but a corpse for the soldiers to eat. Lina stopped about ten feet away and picked up a broken piece of the sidewalk, before aiming at the Gumm Gumm in the middle.

       She felt her left arm become warm, as if sunlight had broken through the Eternal Night and landed where her armband rested. She felt something curl around her skin before shooting out from the end of the hoodie sleeve and attach to the piece of the sidewalk. The snake-creature was curled around the fragment, its head facing the witch before motioning towards the Gumm Gumms. Though the witch couldn't understand what the creature was trying to say, she passed the fragment to her right hand and threw it towards the soldiers as hard as she could, watching as flames overtook it and impaled the back of one of the brutes. The soldier solidified into stone, causing the other two to become confused. In a flash, the rock launched itself into the face of the Gumm Gumm on the right before springing off and colliding with the last one standing.