𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

❝𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

❝𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      "MOTHER! MOTHER, WHERE are you?" Ten year old Lina cried out, running and tripping over her own feet before she fell on her face. She bit her tongue to suppress the scream of pain that was threatening to come out, which only made everything worse. Her knees were scraped and bleeding, the fabric of her own skirt ripped and providing no protection from the impact.

      Fire continued to rage around her as she pushed herself to stand. Her knees buckled again and she fell, finally allowing her tears to spill. There was too much smoke and she could barely breathe anymore. Clenching her fists, she let out a harsh exhale in an attempt to calm herself. She knew that she couldn't get anywhere like this. She extended one leg out and stood once more. Her legs were screaming in pain, but she knew that she had to get out of the village. The sooner she did, her chances of survival would grow.

      She exhaled sharply again, and she watched how a small patch of fire in front of her lowered until it was no more. Curious, she inhaled, thinking that her breath control would manipulate the flames again. She watched as red and orange blazes rose again, scaring her. No, this couldn't be her doing. She couldn't be the one controlling it. She raised her hands at the source, watching as a small orb separated itself from the pit and floated over to her. Afraid, she blocked her face with her hands right as the heat attached to her palms.

      She braced herself, fully expecting to feel her hands burning and she was taken aback when she didn't feel any sort of pain. She did feel slight heat, but it wasn't enough to hurt her. She was confused. How? Why? She lowered her hands to see them covered in fire, flickering and dancing. She didn't want this. She didn't want to be a spellcaster. She already knew what would happen to those who proved to be magical. She didn't want to die because of King Arthur. She waved her hands in an attempt to put out the new magic, whimpering and rushing before anyone could see her.

      "Please, please..I don't want this!" She begged, and as if her wish was granted, the fire in her hands and around her dissolved into nothingness. With her newfound strength that came from a place she didn't know, she ran. She ran as fast as she could, trying to find her home. She turned left and right, dodging collapsing buildings and debris chasing after her. She passed by the statue of the forgotten sun goddess in the middle of the village and saw her father standing with his sword drawn. Not daring to waste another moment, she rushed over to him and hugged him, her small hands clinging onto his body and avoiding his sword. "Father! I can't find Mother and I think I'm alright but-"