𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

❝𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞?❞

❝𝐢'𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐥.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      MAKING THE AMULET was far harder than Lina expected it to be. She thought that all she had to do was keep the flames at bay while Merlin and Douxie did the real work, but constantly focusing on not getting her skin burned away proved to be a hard task. One wrong move could easily burn anything and everything in the workshop, making her job dangerous. She had to admit that she couldn't complain with what she had to do. It was still hard for her to wrap her mind around the fact that Merlin actually trusted her and wanted her help. She was expecting to be cast to the side as usual, but even in a Winter storm, there was still so much to do and take care of.

      Contact with Alucia was bare as a desert. From what Lina knew, not a single letter was sent back after trying to see if she was okay. Though, it was Douxie sending the letters more than Lina with random updates that didn't seem very important.

      Once the apprentices explained to Merlin about the Winter Ball and Arius, the next thing they had to figure out was exactly why an assassin would attack Camelot and who or what exactly were they after. Horus had chimed in at one point and said that he knew Arius from the Soaring Isles, and they weren't on good terms. That was something Lina didn't want to find out. When the identity of the assassin was revealed to King Arthur, it only seemed to make the tension between magic and Camelot much more divided. The King used the assassin's attack as an example to show what magic could do and what could happen if it continued to exist in lands where the borders could be expanded.

      The storm finally died down after a week, but the weather still remained cold and frosty without new snow. Seeing as the workshop was the only place that allowed mages to be in without being targeted by knights, the apprentices barely left. Lina was certain that Camelot was at least aware of the mages living within the kingdom, but she wondered why no one was questioning King Arthur and his ideals. Then again, she didn't think anyone was brave enough to stand against the King, besides herself. She had almost lost her head during her arrest for standing up for magic and its creatures, but Merlin stepped in.

      "Evangeline, are your ears clogged with sand? I've called you more than three times because I require your help here," The voice of Merlin scolded the girl currently fixing the shelves. She stopped her chore and made her way over to the same wooden table with the blue gemstone and metal around it.

      "Sorry," She mumbled, wiping her hands on her new dark red tunic and fixing her black hair into the low pinned style. Her mentor seemed to be annoyed with her preparation, but the man continued on.

      "I need you to control the flames until the tip of this tool is blistering hot, understood?" The old man instructed, his green magic lifting up a nail-shaped tool as he focused his attention onto Douxie. Lina glanced at the roaring fireplace and faced her palm towards it. She focused and allowed the energy to charge through her body until a small string of flames drew away from the source. The string of flames spiraled around in her right palm until an orb hovered over it. Her other hand reached towards the nail-shaped tool and the green glow was overtaken by her red magic. She allowed the object to float over and position near her fire, the tip of the tool engulfed by the heat. Once she pulled the object away, the tip was glowing orange and was ready to be used on the blue gemstone.