𝐞𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

❝𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫

❝𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫.❞

❝𝐨𝐡, 𝐟𝐮𝐳𝐳 𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

       THE FIRST THREE hundred years were anything but easy for Evangeline Zhang.

       Sure, she was more or less used to the new modern world, but her first three hundred years as an immortal witch felt like eons of confusion, anger, guilt, and pain. She had spent so much time mourning over Alucia's death from Camelot, her mind often reminding her of her failed magic. It was always if only this happened and if only that happened echoing inside her head, refusing to leave her alone when she wanted peace. At some point, she realized that even sleeping next to her lover wasn't enough to grant her peaceful dreams.

       There was even a certain period of time where she was afraid to close her eyes in fear of the nightmares leaving her in a pit of darkness. She had grown to learn that in the realm of dreams, reality and imagination were blurred in such a way that made it hard for her to distinguish between the two.

       She thought that by leaving Camelot behind, she would be leaving her past behind her once and for all. By the gods above, she wanted to explore the world, meet new people, and even become a Master Witch, but her past seemed to have other plans. Though, she had to admit that she was kind of glad that she didn't get much sleep thanks to her lover snoring through the night.

       "This would be more romantic if you didn't snore all night," Lina spoke as she felt Douxie's arm around her waist pull her closer, the boy still half asleep. He mumbled something she couldn't make out, but she softened when she heard him apologize.

       "Apologies, love." The sleepy wizard managed before Lina fixed her position and faced him. His eyes were still closed and his lips were formed into a slight frown, but the witch only sighed. At least his snoring was able to divert her away from the realm of dreams for one night. She knew that she needed at least nine hours of sleep every night, but the threat of nightmares still haunted her to this day.

       "It's fine. We should be getting up already. You have the cafe, I have the diner...and Gemma's lesson in the evening so-" The witch attempted to say, only to feel Douxie press a kiss to her forehead and a small smile tugging at his lips.

       "Can't we stay like this for a few more moments?" Douxie asked, his hand cupping the witch's face. Though she wanted to stay and rest more, she knew she had to get up and get ready before Sarai and Val would pick her up for work. Working at the diner was monotonous and tiring, but it made her seem like a normal person living in Arcadia—even though she was once the apprentice to Merlin Ambrosius.