𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

❝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞

❝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞...❞

❝𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞.❞

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      "WHY DID YOU burn down my village? My village lived peacefully, away from Arthur's rule, but you were the reason why my home lies in ruins!" Lina spat at the handmaiden, watching as the black flames dancing on her hand disappeared. The handmaiden only had an annoyed expression on her face as the magic surrounding the apprentice forced her left hand in the air. She felt Victoria pull away three of her rings and she examined them closely. The older girl tried to fight back, only to be flung backwards and into the ground in front of Eris. She tried to stand, her body heaving as she propped herself up with her elbows against the ground.

      "I was given orders so I followed them. Simple," Victoria answered, her magic holding the three rings. Her index finger traced over the runes carved into the gems, a satisfied smile on her face. "Mingxia's death was just something Arius carried out on his own. Our dear friend in chains was killed during the raid, Lina."

      The apprentice saw Eris' eyes lock onto her, fury now visible in them. She tried to back away from the girl in chains before she saw Eris charge towards her. Right before they could collide, the chains above straightened out and held her back. There was a crazed look accompanying the fury in her blue eyes, almost as if she was determined to kill Lina. For all Lina knew, the prisoner probably had plans to kill her anyways.

      "How? I don't remember seeing Eris at all." The apprentice recalled, earning a scoff from the girl in chains.

      "You killed me! That damn wave you unleashed trapped me in some burning building and when I woke up, I was dead!"

      Lina's heart was hammering in her chest. She couldn't have killed Eris. The raid on her village had happened when she was ten years old, but she never recalled killing the girl she looked up to whenever her mother was off in the forest. Sure, Eris was rather mean to her when she was younger, but it was never in the way that threatened her. She remembered watching Eris' mother, Lady Theodosia, training her daughter when she was granted time away from Camelot.

      She also remembered how her own father seemed to be upset around Lady Theodosia whenever she was brought up during family conversations during dinner. It was always something about how she shouldn't be teaching her daughter how to fight because of how reckless and chaotic she was. There was one time where Lina witnessed Eris engage in a fight with a village boy over something she couldn't remember. However, Eris did break the boy's finger and the same boy had to be treated by Mingxia.

      "What are you talking about? I...I don't remember any of this." Lina said, followed by Victoria sighing. The handmaiden floated down from the small ledge and clapped her hands together.