𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐤𝐲

❝𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞?❞

❝𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬.❞

[𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒖𝒔𝒖𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔.]

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

      "WHAT'S WRONG, LINA?" The girl heard Douxie ask as the cart disappeared into the depths of the castle. Judging from the size of the figures within the cage, she had a good guess as to who was in there. Questions rang through her head: Why were the knights coming at such a late time? Why did they venture into the Wild Woods when they knew that those woods were Gunmar's territory? There was almost a full guarantee that at least half of the knights didn't return, especially since they trespassed at a time where nothing could prevent rogue trolls from attacking and feasting upon Arthur's disposable dogs.

      She turned back to the boy who was now sitting up as Archie's paws rubbed at his eyes. "I think Camelot lost a legion of knights to the Wild Woods."

      Douxie's eyes widened when he realized what she meant by her words. "Whoever the remaining knights brought in, I think they'll end up-" He made a slicing motion across his neck and the girl mentally facepalmed.

      "It won't be long until a war breaks out between Gunmar and Camelot. I've seen many humans that have been snatched up when they come near the trees and no one hears them screaming," Archie chimed in, climbing onto one of the tower's tiers and peering over the edge. When Lina glanced back at the horizon where the sky met the woods, she could have sworn she saw something fly into the air, their wings spread out before they fell back to the Earth. It was as if the figure was just a figment of her imagination.

      "Arch, did you see that?" She questioned the cat that only blinked.

      "All I see is one tired witch and a very sleepy companion," He answered, his head nudging over at the other apprentice as his hand held up his drooping head. His eyes were slowly falling, along with his propped up hand before it fell and he jerked awake.

      "I'm up, I'm up!" He yelped, rubbing his eyes. "What year is it?"

      "The year where you pick yourself up and get right to bed," Archie shifted into his dragon form and picked Douxie up by the back of his tunic. "I don't want a repeat of the last stargazing session."

      Lina perked up at the mention of the last stargazing session. "What happened last time?"

      Archie grumbled as his companion took his sweet time to stand. "Let's just say that I almost lost one of my nine lives. You should get going, Lina. I will deal with Douxie."