fifty-four

fifty-four

Getting sober for a day got me feeling too low.
They tryna make me slow down, trynna tell me how to live,
I'm 'bout to lose control.

Abel hummed along to the beat playing through the speakers in the studio as he murmured the words that he was attempting to write. Although he departed ways with all of his bad habits, he knew the one involving his love for creating music would never change. It was impossible for him to slow down. The fans went crazy for Trilogy and he knew he had to come through with an equally great follow-up, although it was difficult since he hadn't been indulging in the party life anymore.

So he wrote from the depths of his heart. He had a choice between entertaining Temptation and committing to Valerie and nothing in the world was to be cherished more than her. So if he struggled to write as The Weeknd, knowing that he vowed to be Abel he would be okay with that. Even if it drove him crazy.

Well, they can watch me fuck it up all in one night.

The memories of Abel's twenty-first birthday crossed his mind and he smiled at the thought. Without that night happening and all the nights after that, Trilogy would have never come together so easily. He reflected on how he rekindled his relationship with his girl and how throwed he had gotten with his boys.

I'm in my city in the summer, camo'd out, leather booted, kissing bitches in the club.
They wanna threesome, then some.

It was no secret that Abel had a crowd of groupies waiting to seduce him once he entered any given room. One thing he realized a long time ago was that bitches gave no fucks. When he decided to go public with Valerie, it only made his roster of crew lovers multiply. They were willing to do whatever to have a piece of the greatness that he resembled.

Spend whatever come in, fuck an income.
Me and my niggas we ain't never going broke.
And you, have to, do it all just to know where it gets you.
Living dreams we can never afford.

Abel was blessed and highly favoured, and he knew he couldn't do much complaining due to the certain circumstances in his life still granting him success. He may have not been the richest man on the planet but it still shocked him sometimes that he could afford to do all of the things he dreamed of doing during his youth. The best part about it all was the fact that he could share the success with the niggas that were closest to him. Just the simple thought of everything Abel amounted to before the age of twenty-five was the motivation he needed to finish the song.

As he transitioned into writing the chorus, he bobbed his head to the beat that was moving him into a foreign zone. He envisioned the song to be played in the clubs on a New Year as lovers and friends went up to the beat. He foresaw the song airing on the radio as friends rode around the 6ix in their whips, chanting the lyrics as if they wrote them. He spoke a dream into existence mentally of the song being performed at the Grammy's with him being on stage surrounded by all the people that truly rode for him.

Now we sitting in the back saying,
This the shit that I live for,
With the people I'd die for.

He smiled in satisfaction with his word choice and at that moment, Abel knew he had to put a very special person on the song.