fifty-one / [a]

fifty-one / [a]
s/n: guys, this is my favourite chapter yet 😭❤️

* contains possible triggering elements, please beware.

"I don't know why I'm freaking out... Maybe I'm overreacting." Valerie said to no one in particular.

She was currently sitting in an ascended beauty stool where her makeup artist, Maxence Magnon, was applying concealer to her undereye and blending it out with a hot pink sponge. Most people preferred to do their makeup by themselves, but since Valerie was now a businesswoman, she didn't have the time. Not to mention, she was in a position where she could have a glam squad provided for her at any event so she chose to have one.

Her eyes were looking straight up as Max used another side of the pointed sponge to press a yellow setting powder on top of the concealer. She could see her hairdresser, Evangeline Raye, applying a heat protectant to her ombré blonde bob before she would later add wand curls to it. Since Valerie had a project with Balmain coming up, she was wearing a little black dress designed by Olivier Rousteing himself. The dress was very simplistic, yet the material was luxurious and that was what she admired most about it. And she looked gorgeous to say the minimum.

"Dollface, you look amazing," Max drooled over her appearance. She resembled the Sasha Bratz doll.

"Thanks to my amazing team! I love and appreciate you guys so much, never forget it."

Evangeline pretended to bat her eyelashes. "It's kind of hard to when you remind us daily... Love you too, beautiful... Now, hurry up and get out of here before you're late! And hugs and kisses to Abel and the entire crew."

Valerie smiled and made sure to hug the two along with her stylist as she made her way out of her vanity room. Soon as she began to approach the stairwell, she saw Abel sitting on the futon in their living room. She hadn't known he had pulled up yet and she was not ready to talk about the incident at the breakfast table. Her feet were in rhythm as she walked down the stairs, one foot significantly in front of the other due to her having on six-inch heels.

Abel looked up from his iPhone to be met with her presence and boy, did he miss her. He stood at her arrival. "Hi, beautiful... Well, don't you look breathtaking."

Valerie wanted to smile so bad, but the guilt she felt inside kept her from doing so. She took small steps over to her boyfriend until she was standing in front of him. "Baby, I'm really sorry–"

"Don't worry about it, babe."

"No, I'm serious," She admitted, tilting her head to the side in hopes that he'd take her seriously. "You are the best boyfriend one could ask for and I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine... The days I wake up before you, I just can't help but stare at you while you're sleeping and question why God would bless me with a gift like you. You've been nothing but supportive of my goals from the beginning of my journey and I owe you everything. I know I get on your nerves a lot, but I truly do appreciate you. There isn't a time where I'll ever take you for granted, Abel. Thank you for everything."

Abel rolled his eyes in an attempt to keep the smile that was beginning to form away. He knew how she felt about the launch party given that she worked her ass off for it, so he wasn't upset about a thing. "I know, mama. I know how much this means to you so it means everything to me too. Don't worry, I'm not mad at you... I just get a 'lil salty when I can't have my baby girl all to myself, you feel me?"

"Well, when I see your baby girl... I'll be sure to tell her that she needs to make it up to you."

He planted a soft kiss onto Valerie's lips and rested his head on her forehead before saying, "Mmm, well you can also tell her that I'm already thinking of a few ways."