twenty-eight

twenty-eight
; i'm so wrong, i'm so wrong

Cash, Empress, Hawk, and Abel all rushed into the SUV that Abel happened to destroy when driving back over to his place. The news about Xenia sent shivers down his spine that caused him to cringe at the fact that he had just told Cash all about wanting to keep popping xans and drinking just a few minutes ago. Abel was pretty sure that he was just fucked up inside about the events taking place between himself and Valerie, but it was scary and off-putting how he had said what he said, and then a second later Drake called and told them that Xenia was gone. That had to be God telling him that he needed to stay focused and continue to live his life for better and not for worse. If Valerie only knew that he was turning over a new leaf.

Simply thinking about it only brought additional constant thoughts vibrating through his mind shouting things like "Fuck bitches!" and "Get money!" If Valerie was going to leave him the way she did, she had to know that from there on she would be included as a bitch too. Both herself and Sophie would be dedicated, and all the other females that did their niggas wrong. Abel couldn't believe that he was crying over losing her while Zaria had just lost her sister permanently, something that was unable to be undone. It was only a matter of time before Valerie came running back to him, he thought.

His music was going to be his primary interest for a while. Come to think of it, Abel hadn't been pouring his heart and soul into his music since he recorded The Knowing, which was put out on his birthday. That was the same day he reunited with Valerie at the strip club. Memories needed to fade, quick.

Cash let them all out to find a parking space as they rushed to the hospital's front desk.

"We're here for Xenia Chey," Abel told the woman at the desk, having to spell out Xenia's name.

She pointed to her right, saying "Room Twenty-Eight, B."

He speed-walked down the hall until he found the room, gradually making his way inside once he heard tears coming from Zaria. Her world had been completely torn, so he understood why she was crying so hard. Zaria took care of her youngest sister, while her other younger sister, Amani was out on the grind. They all loved Amani, but there was no hiding that she was only out for herself.

Zaria turned and saw Abel, walking over to him and began crying on his shoulder. Just staring at Xenia's lifeless body was enough for him to join her in the grievance. He tried to be strong for the girl that he had known since he was six years old, holding onto her and assuring her that he'd be there for her no matter what.

"Thank you so much for coming, Abel. I love you so much. You're the only family that I have left." She cried, soaking his t-shirt with her tears. Those words brought more tears to his eyes, making him feel so terrible knowing her condition.

"You know I got you, Z. I love you too."

Drake came into the room, feeling awkward since he didn't know his own girl as well as Abel did. He took a step back to let him know that it wasn't anything more than comforting.

"Thanks, bro. You know... For being here. She's been a little sad lately with your girl not being around like she used to, so this means a lot to her. She needs those close to her to be as close as they can be right now."

"You know what it is, my g. I got you, man." He said, dapping him up.

Abel walked out the room to make sure that Cash was back, and just as he pivoted his head to the right, there she was, walking down the hall with her sister. He sighed in frustration, thinking they were on their way to Montréal.

TO BE CONTINUED...

There's just one more chapter left until the Interval of Temptation! Continue voting and commenting, and remember, be sure to suggest ideas! If you enjoy my writing style and have an idea of your own that you'd like me to fulfill please let me know. I will most definitely give credit. Thank you guys so much for the support! :)

feel free to vote • comment • suggest ideas • XO