seventeen

seventeen

Valerie and Abel had finally gotten back to Toronto. Things weren't at all perfect, but they were working towards that and that was all that mattered. He had invited her to chill with him at the studio but she declined. However, she did say that she wanted to go with him when he went to visit his mother the next week. That was gonna be quite a day, but Abel mentally told himself to take things a day at a time.

He passed the blunt to Ryan as the boys listened to the playback of the song. Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana. Many people on Twitter and YouTube compared him to the King of Pop and requested him to sing a song of his. It had been the day that he considered giving it a shot and it was amazing.

"Yo, Abel, you bodied this shit, man! You killed this, dawg!" Spoons shouted before shaking his head at the pride he held for the young legend in the making.

"Thanks, man."

"Yeah, lil' bro. You're about to drop a hit on these niggas. This is nothing short of greatness." Drake smiled, scratching the back of his head. "You're really about to kill all of these R&B niggas."

Abel smiled and dapped Drake up. "I 'preciate it, man. Thanks a lot."

Big O started rolling up a blunt, lacing it with cocaine before taking a couple of puffs. "Damn, this the real shit right here, my niggas."

"Pass that shit, yo!"

He walked over to Abel and handed him the swisher, knowing that none of the OVO crew were bold enough to puff on chronic. He took a deep drag from it, immediately feeling the effects on himself. Before handing it back, he puffed on it a couple more times and he had been flying then. Everything was spinning in his mind. The colours all around him had appeared more vibrant. It was the promised land.

"Damn, this shit is amazingggg." Abel cheesed hard for no reason.

Chubbs and 40 were dying of laughter at his reaction. His words were slurred and he knew that he sounded a tad bit off, but none of that mattered. What he was smoking on was the type of shit that'd have a nigga out of his element. He was lifted more than ever.

The OVO and XO crew stayed in the studio until the drug effects started to wear off. Afterwards, Chubbs drove back to his loft with Drake, Cash, and Spoons in the car with them. The rest of the crew were in separate whips behind them as everyone parked and came into his place. Valerie was sitting in the living room with Zaria when he walked in, both of their eyes pivoting towards the door.

"Hey, Abe." Valerie smiled and placed her folded hands in her lap.

"Wassup, ma? Hi, Zaria."

Zaria waved while Valerie kept a stern conversation with him. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

Abel nodded and followed her into the dining room. "What's wrong, baby girl? Is everything alright?"

"I don't know, I was going to ask you. Why is everybody here? If I would've known, I would have gotten dressed up."

He smiled at the nervousness written all over her face. "You're fine, Valerie. Relax, they just came to help me plan this party I'm trynna host next week."

"Ooh, I better be invited." She winked before walking back into the living room.

Abel followed her, shaking his head as he acknowledged his boys. "Yo, you guys can come out back to the patio. I'ma be right back."

After escorting the crew to the patio, he went upstairs and grabbed one of his wallets from the second drawer of the dresser. The plan was to order a pizza and some wings in time for when the Raptors game came on. He handed a stack of cash to Valerie and told her exactly what to order on the phone. She wrote down everything on a tiny piece of paper, reaching for the cordless phone.