thirty-four

thirty-four

* contains possible triggering elements, please beware.

"That Gone song is straight flame emojis, bro!" Hawk exclaimed.

"Flame emojis? Did this nigga really just say flame emojis?"

Abel laughed, nodding his head at Hyghly since he was thinking the same exact thing. "Thanks, man. I couldn't have nailed that shit without my dawgs for real."

Things have been practically perfect ever since he had that dream regarding Temptation and God. Religion wasn't something that Abel practiced or preached, but there was no hiding in that he wanted to do better. He couldn't manage to tell his boys about it though. Lord knows he had mad love for them till death, but they could be so judgmental.

"Of course not, son." Cash joked, dapping him up as he and Chubbs entered the room.

He smiled like a bastard that just reunited with his father. Cash was more than just a best friend. He was a mentor, an adviser, and a brother for life. Abel was beyond grateful to have someone such as himself always on his side.

"Aye, Abel nigga. I just need to know one thing, fam."

He looked at Hawk in a confused way. "What's good, man?"

"Man, you tell me! Everybody getting the cut lately and I ain't tryna be next!" He admitted, feeling some kind of way about both Big O and Lamar being put to the curb. "Not even throwin' shade, my nigga. I just hope you thinking before you just putting everybody out. Know what I mean?"

"You ain't got nothing to worry about, man. Just stay on my better side and you straight, my dawg. We good?"

Hawk dapped Abel up, expressing the love he had for him. "Been down since day uno, you know?"

He chuckled at his corny ass friend as he was cut off by the vibrating device in the pocket of his black XO sweatpants. Abel pulled out his phone and checked the contact. The 514 area code allowed him to understand that it was a caller from Montréal. Assuming that it was Valerie calling, he walked into the hallway to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Abel?" An unfamiliar feminine voice sounded over the other line.

"Ummm, who is this?"

"It's Julissa, Valerie's sister." Yeah, I know who the fuck you are. "I haven't heard from my sister since we threw her a party on Saturday. Today is her birthday–"

Abel interrupted her without a care. This was a woman that he had no intentions of talking to. "Yeah, I know. Tell her I said happy birthday."

"Wait? She's not with you?"

"No, what would make you think she's with me?"

Julissa paused before speaking. She wasn't completely sure of how to have a conversation with him. "Well, for one, her therapist says he hasn't heard from her. And if anything, Valerie would've called us if anything was going on. So maybe it has something to due with someone else."

God, was he tired of her. "To be honest, Valerie called me at your wedding to tell me that she wasn't getting anything done while being in therapy. I had to encourage her to stay for your information. So don't call me and use me as your blame every single time something isn't right. Keep that to yourself and worry about being a supportive sister because it's starting to look like you don't give too much of a fuck."