fifteen

fifteen

Valerie sat in the front seat and took selfies as Hawk drove them to an ice cream place outside of the city. Being around him, Zaria and Nada relieved so much stress for Valerie and allowed her to be free for a while. There was no sense in worrying about Abel when she knew he wasn't very much concerned about her.

She clicked on her Instagram app and uploaded a photo.

@valeriexo: do she got a man or 🤷🏽‍♀️

That was the real question.

Do I have a man and will he be there with me through all this bullshit? Valerie thought.

Hell, Abel had changed a lot. She still didn't trust him but he had changed, and it wasn't a positive change. The old Abel would have kept trying to reassure her that things would be steady strong. But then things started to be like, "If you don't trust me then we have no reason to be together." For a reason, Valerie didn't fault him for it either. Maybe her not trusting him was a good thing.

Is it possible that I deserve better because I'm tired of being insecure and assuming that I'll always be number two?

Staying with Abel had brainwashed her and turned her into an insecure young woman. She had her own problems growing up and he had just happened to put more on her shoulders.

A break wouldn't be so bad, would it?

About ten minutes later, she went back on IG and checked the comments on her photo.

@yaggo__: fatheaded or 🤷🏽‍♂️

Valerie laughed at her brother Santiago's comment before commenting back and getting into a playful Instagram fight with him.

@valeriexo: jealous or 🤷🏽‍♀️ @yaggo__

@yaggo__: cheesed or 🙍🏽‍♂️

@valeriexo: 😂😂 bouta roast you or 🙋🏽‍♀️ @yaggo__

@yaggo__: waitin for ya lame ahh jokes or 🙇🏽‍♂️🙇🏽‍♂️🙇🏽‍♂️🙅🏽‍♂️😂🤙🏽

She screenshot a picture of their comments and sent it to their sister, Julissa.

Jules💘: You need to get your brother tbh 😂🤦🏽‍♀️

Julissa didn't reply so she went through her list of recent messages and clicked on Abel's contact, sending him a text.

Valerie: Where are you?

He texted her back a few minutes later.

Abel🎈: i told you already... i'm at the studio with the crew.... why?

Valerie: Hmm. You better not have no girls around you knowing I'm not there!

Abel🎈: you need to chill & have fun with your friend. i got me on lock mama

I know he did not.

Valerie: & You need to lose your attitude. I have the right to question your whereabouts :)

Abel🎈: well that's news to me , since when?

Valerie: Since you made me your girlfriend. I'm just checking up on you. Expect me to continue because I will. 😃😄😊☺️😉😀😌

Abel🎈: that's cool mama . i definitely have a silent button 🔕

Valerie: 🖕🏽