So You Can Cry

Michael's Point of View

I was tired from a long day at work and all I wanted to do was snuggle up in my bed and sleep for eternity. I walked into my bedroom and collapsed next to Jenny.

"Hey babe. You need to get up Paulie's in the hospital. They're saying its pneumonia."

"Damn that doesn't sound to good." I changed into some sweats and made my way to the hospital. I got lost and the mean nurses were to busy to direct me the right way and I wandered for at least ten minutes. I finally got to his room and saw viles of blood and nasty hospital food.

"What's going on Paulie?"

"Nothing really just coughing up some blood. The doctor wants to examine it, that's kind of weird. But I'm watching these stupid football players not listening to anything I say."

"That's because they can't hear you Paulie."

"Right!" We sat in a comfortable silence and watched the game occasionally yelling at the players until it was over.

"Alrighty Paulie. I'm gonna call it a night. I'll visit tomorrow. He nodded. "Love you Paulie."

"Love ya too Mikey. Now stop being all mushy I haven't died yet." I laughed and made my way to the car. I finally got back in the bed and got a good nights rest. Until I heard phones ringing off the hook and wailing.

"What's going on Jenny!?" She had tears in her eyes.

"Michael, Shelly just called saying Paulie passed in his sleep." I nodded, hugged her and made my way to my office. I broke down. After my dad, he was the only father figure I had. I guess its ok to cry every now and then. If you remember to focus on all the good times rather than the pain I'm feeling then I'll get through this.

------------------------------------

I write just about everyone of my chapters on the toilet. So I'm sitting on the toilet balling my eyes out. Lol. But I always put my feelings into what I write and this was no exception. I had to let it out somehow. ☺☺ til next time.

(February 10, 2015)