Chapter Six

I woke up this morning like most days to an empty bed. I decided to take a shower and try to wash all of last night away, well some of it. I took of my bandage to clean it and I winced when the alcohol came in contact with my skin. I knew something was wrong with this meeting things just ended so smoothly, without any childish bickering, and when I saw that man I knew.

I thought after last night Michael would stay in bed. We’d sit up and we’d talk about everything and anything. Eat breakfast and lunch in bed and sit around and watch TV.

Flashback

Michael finally came back to our apartment, looking tired as ever. He changed into his pajamas and crashed onto the bed. “Psssst, Michael.” I said while nudging him.

“What Jenny? I’m exhausted.”

“I’m bored and I can’t sleep.” He turned around to face me and entwined our fingers together. I snuggled into his chest.

“What do you want to talk about Bella?”

“Anything, really. How was work today?”

“The usual. Today was actually pretty boring as well. I just want to do what I wanna do. You know?”

“What do you mean?”

“I want to paint everything and anything. That’s my dream.”

“You can still do that. Right?”

“Yea maybe. Get up I got an idea!” He raced downstairs, I heard him making all kinds of noise. I came back up with his canvas, brushes and paint. “Come on get up. I want to paint you.”

“Like one of your French girls. That’s a little cliché don’t you think.”

“Oh how funny. Go stand by the window.” I was only in my bra and panties, and the moonlight was shining on me, it was absolutely perfect. I felt Michael studying me.

“What? Am I posing the wrong way?” I didn’t say anything but he kept looking me up and down.

“Jennifer. Do you have something to tell me?” Oh shit. I froze I automatically knew exactly what he meant. He noticed the small bulge on my stomach.

“No. Nothing.”

“I know when you lying to me.” He walked over got on his knees and kissed my stomach. "I knew you looked different. When were you going to tell me?”

“I don’t know. I was scared. A baby is a big deal and I don’t want to impose on you or trap you into something. I didn't want you to leave me.”

“Jesus, Bella. I love you and my little son growing in your stomach” He kissed me.

“How do you know it’s a boy?”

“I’m a Mancini. We only make boys. Marry me Jennifer.” I smiled.

Present

“It’s early what are you doing up. I wanted to be back before you woke up. I got you hashbrowns. I know you like them after a long night.” He smirked at me. Smug Bastard.

“You know me so well. Where were you?”

“Handling business.” I knew what that meant, killing the man that shot at me yesterday. I didn’t pester him about it any longer. “So what are we doing for the rest of the week?”

“Don’t we have meetings and events?” I asked.

“I cancelled all of them. I want to work on us this week. Bella I’m sorry for everything. I think I’m ready to talk about the accident.”

------------------------------
(October 29, 2014)