Chapter Sixteen

Michael's Point of View

I couldn't go back to work with Jenny's suffering so I found myself becoming a stay at home dad, for the past few days. I decided that whether I was the father or not, that child in her stomach was mine. I couldn't even touch Jenny without her flinching or running away. Every night she'd wake up screaming and I'd have to tell her she was safe, only to wake up in the morning with her in a fetal position in the middle of the floor. I walked over to her, tucked and her back into bed, fed Leo his bottle and hummed Beautiful Dreamer to him like Jenny told me before she shut down on me. I held him in my arms and put him in his play pen. I did a load of laundry and cleaned the house before it was time to wake up Mikey, I honestly wasn't built for all this manual labor. I couldn't cook for shit so Mikey has been eating Lucky Charms for the past weeks.

"Hey." Maria said hanging her coat in the closet. I'd given her a key so she could take care of Jenny since I couldn't touch her.

"Hey sis. How is she doing?"

"She's doing better. She spoke yesterday."

"Really what did she say?" My face lit up.

"Only that the shower water was too hot. I think maybe we should get her a therapist don't you think?" I could only raise an eyebrow.

"What does she need a therapist for when she has us?"

"You're such a man. She hasn't communicated with us in days and she barely eats, I'm afraid for the baby, she refuses to go to a doctor."

"I think maybe you should try talking to her. I'll get Mikey ready for breakfast." She left me alone with my thoughts. What the hell do I say to her? I walked to our bedroom door and took a deep breath. I can do this I said to myself. I opened to door to see papers all over our bed. Jenny's back was facing me and she had two pencils in her hair, a book in one hand and a packet in the other.

"Jenny? Honey are you ok?" I must have startled her because she dropped her book and packet and slowly turned towards me.

"Yes I'm fine." She hadn't spoken in days. I was astonished.

"What are you doing baby?"

"Well I was making up for the work I missed but then I got sick and I remembered the baby and I started thinking of baby names, and stuff." She said that so fast I could barely keep up.

"Honey do you wanna talk?"

"We can talk about anything but that." Ok Michael this is your opportunity, don't blow it.

"So have you thought of any names?"

"Well no, but I thought I should start looking." I tried to take the pencils out of her unruly hair but she backed away from me.

"Jenny I'm just grabbing the pencils out of your hair, let me help you." Her face paled and I could see her going back into her shell.

"Please John leave me alone." My heart nearly broke, I didn't know how to help her. I wish I would've made him suffer more.

"Bella I'm taking you to the doctor is that ok?"

"I'm not crazy Michael. I don't want you to send me away. I just need some time ok?"

"Yea I know baby but don't you wanna go to the lady doctor and check on our baby?"

"Yea, our baby. I think I'll take a shower now."

"Do you need my help?"

"No I can do it. I promise."

"Just leave the door open. Ok?" she nodded and went into the bathroom. As depressed as she was I could chance her trying to take her own life. She turned on the water and I could hear her humming, I stopped panicking. She finished with her shower and walked out in a towel. She'd gotten so skinny, if she hadn't told me she threw up early I thought the baby had died. She caught me staring at her, she blushed and ran back into the bathroom and changed.

"You ready?" she nodded. I walked over to her and she flinched but stood her ground. "Baby I won't hurt you, you can trust me I promise."

At the Doctor's Office

The nurse led us to the cold and sterile looking room.

"Alright Mrs. Mancini, you can get on top on the table and lift up your shirt the doctor will be here soon." She exited and left us alone.

"You excited about this?" she said hopping on top of the table.

"Of course. I want a whole van full of kids." I said chuckling.

"Even if this baby isn't yours?"

"Even if it isn't mine. But I know it is so don't worry about that." I said kissing her forehead, she didn't flinch. She smiled and me and was about to speak when Dr. Williams opened the door.

"Alright Jen, let's get started." Dr. Williams said. Jenny cringed she hated when people called her Jen. "We're going to do an ultra sound and see what's going on. I'm sorry it's a little cold." She said putting that blue goo and Jenny's stomach. We could hear the little baby's heart beating and my face swelled with pride.

"My baby boy is strong." I said to Jenny's stomach.

"Your chart says you're a bit underweight so I wanna see a ten pound increase when you come back next month. Ok?" Jenny shook her head smiling. "Alright I'll see you guys next month." Dr. Williams said leaving the room.

"It could be a girl you know." Jenny said getting out of the chair.

"Naw I only make boys." She smiled and kissed my cheek. I might be getting my Bella back.

----------------------------------------------------

I made this one longer since I'm working the next few weeks, its kind of a filler. There might only be a few more chapters left. I don't know. Enjoy Dearies.

(October 29, 2014)