Dinner

Michael's Point of View

"You know what fuck you dad. All you've done is shelter me my whole life. I want this! And I'm finally happy you won't ruin this for me. Paulie makes me happy and that's who I want to be with" Lilly said. It took all of my being not to drag her up to her room and lock her up for all eternity.

"Come on Mikey. We love one another, just let this happen. I've been fucking her for a year now anyway." Paulie said smiling with his gold tooth blinding the hell out of me. I ran over and beat the shit out of him, and Jenny ran over to beat Lilly. Then suddenly the entire house started shaking.

"Michael wake up. It's just a nightmare." Jenny said shaking me out of my sleep. "What were you dreaming about anyway?"

"Uhhhh nothing. I forgot it." I walked down the hall to check on the kids like I did every night. I made sure to make sure Lilly was tucked into her blanket. I mentally cursed at Paulie. I went downstairs to grab a glass of water and did a bit of work, then walked upstairs and drifted off to sleep. I awoke to Jenny kissing my forehead.

"Where you going?" I said pulling her back into the bed. "Stay with me today. Please?"

"No. I have a conference to go to today. I have to go. And don't you like being a stay at home dad?"

"What do you mean, these kids are driving me crazy. Take the monsters with you! Why don't we get a nanny?"

"Why? So you can have a young girl running around. No you can get you aunt." Oh god So.Much.Raisin.Bran. I'd rather watch the kids myself and work from home. Me and Jenny had a pretty good regiment. I watch the kids during the day and she watches them at night if I have to handle business. "Don't worry babe I can handle it." She got up, grabbed her car keys and was out the door. Not even five minutes later I hear banging on the door. "Daddy let me in. You locked the doors. Why don't you love us no more?" Oh god. See what I mean? He must be hungry. I feed him his Lucky Charms. "Why don't you make mommy food like you make me?"

Maybe because I can't cook for shit. "Because mommy is better at it than me."

"Well my teacher told me her husband made her dinner for Walentines Day."

"Valentine's Day buddy." That was a good idea. But I can't cook anything. I mean I watch Rachel Ray in the morning but it makes no sense. I could burn water. But he's right maybe I'll give it a try. The school was in the middle of renovations so Mikey was home for the day.

"What should we make?"

"Lasagna." Oh shit. Why? I started panicking. He started crossing his arms and pouting his lips. "Come on Daddy try."

"Alright buddy." I went to my computer and pulled up a YouTube video of Rachel Ray making lasagna. My hands were already sweating. I can do this.

Jenny's Point of View

I almost died from boredom. I just wanted to be home with my family. I love my job but I hate this part. I was on my way home when I got a text from Michael saying he had a surprise. Jesus what has he done to my house. Last time he said he had a surprise. He bought Lilly boy monkey pajamas, claiming he wanted her to understand "diversity" and "gender neutrality." He read it in a parenting book. Weird Bastard. I finally arrived home to the most amazing smell. I guess Maria came home and made dinner.

"Hey baby, I made lasagna." Oh shit, maybe I'll pretend to be sick. I can't eat this.

"I watched so many videos to make sure I got it right." He looked so happy. I had to try. I would risk the food poisoning. He led me to the set table and pulled my chair out. He set the lasagna in front of me and I swallowed the lump in my throat. You can do this Jennifer and ate a piece. Oh my god it was good.

"This is so good baby!"

Michael's Point of View

She likes it. She went to grab a second piece. "You seem surprised. I've always had superior cooking skills."

"Well I guess this means you can make dinner from now on."

"Yea right." She's got me fucked up. Her nostrils flared. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes you did. No cookie for a week. And clean up my damn kitchen." She grabbed her phone and went upstairs.

"I guess it's you and me for the next week." I said staring at my right hand. Me and my big mouth.

---------------------------------------

Wrote this on my phone, sorry for any mistakes.

(November 15, 2015)