Pride and Dinner

Michael's Point of View

I think its about time I officially retire. I am pretty tired of Mikey creeping outside my office. Its about time I hand things over to him.

"Mikey I can see your damn shadow. Come in here. I motioned for him to sit in "his" chair and poured him some scotch. "Alright son I'm going to make you an offer you can't refuse."

"Dad what in the actual hell. You aren't  Marlon Brando what's going on?"

"Well fine geez. I just wanted some dramatic effect. Well your mother and I have decided that's its about time I take a step back and allow you to take over everything. Under my supervision of course. What do you say?"

"Yes! It's about time. Leo owes me $40! You won't regret this. I promise." He races out of the office slamming the door behind him. I really believe and love all of my children, I only want the best for them. I looked around my office and it was filled with homework assignments from Kindergarten and I still wore the jewelry they made me, though I'd never let them know. I think I've  lived a pretty good life.

"I guess you told him then." Jenny said with her hand on her hip. I nodded. "Mmhhh come on dinners ready." Sweet baby Jesus, Jenny still grinds my gears. "Stop looking at my ass pervert." I have come to the conclusion black women can read their husbands minds. Finally we have a day that all seven of us can sit down for dinner.

"Alright so how was everyone's day?" Jenny asked earnestly. She was answered by nods and heads bowed to concerned with whoever they were texting. That's disrespectful and they do this every time we have dinner. I slapped my hand on the table.

"Y'all do this every fucking time we eat put the goddamn phones away so we can have a nice dinner like the people in the movies do!"

"Yea dad you tell'em"

"Marciano shut up I saw you texting too! Now answer your mother." Crazy ass kids. They need to move out. Well except for Lilly. Knock on wood. She needs guidance  and just a hint of Jesus. We finally were able to talk about our days and sat at the table for a while even after  the food was gone. We cleaned the tables and we all went our separate ways.

"Michael I told you stop staring at me. You act like you're the only man that's allowed to interact  with me you big baby."

"Well I'm the only man that has ever "interacted" with you."

"Hhmm. Sure." She said rolling her eyes and walking away.

"Wait Jenny! You were with guys before me?" My whole life is a lie.

"Whoa! Relax I was just playing." I gave her that look and she took of running. I'd give her something to play with. 

----------------------------------------
To everyone that's been amazing so far thank you!

But let me say this. Please do not message me or leave comments on my chapters that are on some bullshit because I delete them and at this point I will block you. Usually it doesn't bother me but this wild slore animal just posted some foolery (i was about to put you disgraceful ass username in this so we could all come at you. But thats cyber bullying ans thats not very nice) and it just set me off.

That is all and good night y'all.

And glory came on after the pianist i love this movie too! Ovation always got good movies.

Yassssssssssssss

(February 20, 2015)