Picasso and Things

Michael's Point of View

"Jenny, I just want to have the bed to myself all these damn kids running around, you'd think I was a parent again."

"Well I mean you're a grandparent so technically speaking. And stop cursing with all these babies around." She said while whispering. We had 5 of our 10 grandkids sprawled across our bed.

"Whatever." I loved all my babies. I rolled my eyes and grabbed some jogging clothes. I made my way towards the driveway. I've been running lately my doctor suggested it and this stomach I've been forming isnt helping my confidence any. After about a mile I walked into the house with the kids and Jenny staring me down.

"You promised that you would take us to the museum Michael." Laila said.

"Who in the hell are you calling Michael?" I grabbed my belt and she took off running. I almost had her when I threw my damn hip out. I just gave up and laid on the ground.

"Michael get the hell up. You said last night that you would take all of us to the museum."

"But Jenny she called me by my first name and help me I've fallen and can't get up. Jenny my hip!" She rolled her eyes and sat with the kids in the living room. I got up begrudgingly, showered and got dressed. We packed all the kids into the soccer mom van, Mikey forced me to buy. The kids were listening to Kidz Bop's version of the Harlem Shake. Disatrous really.

We finally got to the museum and I took a deep breath. Now don't get me wrong I love these kids with all my heart, I'd die for them. But why didn't my kids believe in spanking these damn kids? Jenny and I weren't having it.

"I don't care what y'all do with y'all parents but when we get in here y'all better not touch nothing." Jenny said in her most intimidating voice. They are nodded. Teach work makes the dream work.

Mikey III, who we frequently called MJ raised his hand. "But Grandma what if I see-"

"NO! Keep your hands in your pockets and don't even think about it! Next person with a nonsense question is gonna have to with with Granddad amd hold his hand." I paid for our admission and we made our way inside and thankfully the kids kept their hands to themselves. Jenny grabbed my hand and we drifted a little.

"Come on Bella I have something to show you!" I pulled her towards a familiar picture.

"No you didn't! Thats when I was pregnant with Mikey?"

"Yep. And I got a pretty penny for it too! I can still remember that. You trying to hide it from me and I asked you to marry me." He kissed my nose.

"Awww you soft hearted bastard. I love it!" We kept walking until we got to the Greek culture section which was filled with naked people. Lord please don't let these kids ask any questions and we can move along. Laila raised her hand.

"Granddad why does he have a l-"

"Alright that's enough. Who's ready for lunch?" Nice save Michael. We all ate and the kids told me about school and what they like to do. Damn I'm old as shit, my hip still hurts. After an exhausting day we finally loaded the sleepy kids into the van. Where all the kids were picked up and we were finally home alone.

"Lord I'm tired todays been a long day."

"I can still put you to sleep Bella." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"No Michael. We both heard the doctor, no strenuous activities until we see the side effects of those pills you've been taking." She slapped my head and made her way upstairs. I stared at my right hand. "That counts as strenous activity too! You horny bastard!"

God Damnit.

-----------------------------
Kidz Bop destroyed that song. Its horrible.

(June 10, 2015)