Chapter Ten - Rosie and Dan

Rose

I was in need of advice, a mothers advice and since my actual mother was dead. Lily was the next best thing. I could have gone to Arissa or Blair but they were more like siblings. Even though Lily probably wasn't the most wise choice. I still stepped out looking for her. Low and Behold there she was sat on the couch looking over some papers.

"Rosalie, what an unexpected surprise." she stood up and smiled

"I need your help." her look turned to one of concern. She gestured of me to come and sit down.

"What seems to be the matter?" she wondered putting her papers aside.

"I kissed Dan." I admitted, Lily looked both confused and shocked trying to find her next words.

"I think it might be better if you start from the beginning." So I did, me returning to America, Dan and I conversations regarding Serena, them getting back together then eventually splitting up. My suspicions that Chuck orcastrated Serena's rise to Queen of the school and me figuring it out."

"You know as well as I do that a Serena as Queen is not the best idea in the world. She's subtly mean. I knew that after what happened with her and Dan in the club, the moment of humiliation was defiance. Dan was only sticking up for himself. It's all about power and image. Kissing him would be the ultimate blow."

"So in your way of thinking, kissing Dan would help him in the war that was started." I nodded

"Other people were pitting them against each other. Mainly my brother. He turned a simple friendly invite to much into something bigger. He manipulated her and she fell for it, surely you must know the feeling of seeing the guy you loved move on with someone else?"

"I do." she hummed in agreement

"I drives you to do crazy things. Being a part of the upper east side brings out the worst in you."

"That I do know. What else is there?"

"Well when I kissed him everything changed. I didn't expect to feel anything, like I told you it was supposed to just be a shock factor. Yet when I kissed him I felt cliche, butterflies, fireworks, tingles but I also felt safe, calm, loved like nothing else in this world mattered." I admitted to her.

"Well." she sighed

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" she took my hands

"No, a little misguided but not bad. I don't condone an attempt to hurt Serena, I understand that you had your reasons. However, I think that is between you, Dan and Serena. Now have you talked to Dan?" I shook my head

"I've avoided him all day. I was so confused."

"I'm not surprised. I'm sure he is as well, does he know why you did what you did?" she wondered

I think so. I did make a comment that he won." I let out a long breath

"Why don't I make us a warm drink." she stood up and went across to the kitchen. I looked at my phone and had 15 missed calls from Dan and 10 text from him. Blair and Chuck were also hounding me.

Dan
I walked into the loft, Dad was waiting as I dumped my bag on the chair next to me and sat down.

"Bad Day?" he asked

"Weird Day. Rosie kissed me?" His eyebrows shot up in shock.