Chapter Twelve - Fashion Drama

The next morning. Blair was informed that Serena was here to see her. She went down and I sat at the top of the steps.

"What do you want?" Blair asked

"I've tried to reach you all night. Why haven't you been returning my calls" Serena questioned as she went to mess with Blair's hair.

"What is there to say? You've only taken over the girls at school and abandoned our oldest tradition to go to my mothers show with a complete stranger."  Blair stepped away brushing her off.

"First of all I didn't take over the girls at school." Serena retorted

"Are you really going to pretend you don't notice what's going on?"

"These girls are like hummingbirds. They move from flower to flower. They'll be onto someone else next week and then back to you. It's not a big deal." Serena dismissed Blair's thoughts like it was nothing which only upset Blair more.

"And I suppose it's not a big deal that you're in front row at my mothers show either?" Blair was getting wound up.

"She asked me to do it as a favour." Serena tried to reason

"And how could you possibly disappoint my mother. Though you have no qualms about screwing over your best friend."

"Fine I won't go." Serena huffed. Knowing Serena it wouldn't be that easy

"Good!"

"Then Poppy won't go and her friends won't go. You can explain to your mother why she has an empty front row. Will that make yo happy?"

"At least I won't have to watch the next episode of the Serena show." Blair retorted

"You know I was coming here to invite you to hang out with us." Serena replied like she was doing some big favour now i was getting annoyed.

"Oh how generous, Serena. I should feel  so blessed you would include me in your little group." Blair glared at her

"You know what Blair I am gonna go to the show and I'm gonna sit front row, and I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it." Serena stormed out and I jogged down the stairs and wrapped my arms around my best friend.

-------------

At the fashion show, I was backstage watching everyone get ready. I was having so much fun I sat in a corner and wrote about what I was seeing.

"That bitch." Blair seethed

"Oh dear. Which one?" I mumbled not looking up from what I was doing.

"Serena and Jenny and even my own mother." Blair answered sitting next to me, she just didn't seem to catch a break these past few days.

"Jenny's here?"

"Yes."

"I better call Rufus." I say taking out my phone. I saw her smirk "I'm not doing this of you." I found his number and it went through to voice mail.

"Hi, Rufus it's Rose. I was just calling to let you know that Jenny is here, she's fine and working. But just wanted to let you know, bye." I hung up.

"Good, thank you."

"Again not for you." I went back to writing

"Rosie you know where I do something and you don't encourage it but you don't stop me anyway?" I looked up

"Where am I going for plausible deniability?" she grinned

------------

I came back and all the models were gone. Jenny was talking with blair.     Well it was more of an argument that I was walking into