Chapter Thirty Six - Doubts

I was walking through the halls when I saw Blair cornering Ms Carr. Ms Carr left after Blair was finished with her.

"Blair." I call  she walked over and we stood with Serena

"I think I've just lost Yale" She hugged the two of us. Oh no this was not going to end well.

---------

"We're gonna be okay, right. Even if we're going to two different colleges?" I asked. Dan seemed shocked

"Of course we are."

"I'm sorry it's just we've started dating and everything is going great but we'll be so far apart and what if you meet someone better than me." he smiled "Why are you smiling?"

"Because the fearless Rosalie Bass is actually scared of something. And how would anyone be better than you?" he wondered draping his arm around me.

"Well, less bitchy, less conniving, less impulsive smack down moments, do you want me to continue?

"If there is one thing I have learnt in the near two years we've been friends and then boyfriend and girlfriend is that you only do those things now when provoked. It's like a knee jerk reaction with you. And sometimes yes I do wish you wouldn't kick but if that changed about you, who knows what you'd be like."

"normal." I reply in a deadpan tone.

"My life and the people in it haven't been normal for some time. We'll make this work." he assured me

"Says every boyfriend ever."

"We will be the exception to the rule. Uh-oh do you see what I see?" he nodded behind me and i saw Serena talking with Blair. We went over

"I wasn't supposed to say anything, but you are going to Yale. You got in? An early admission." Serena told our best friend

"What?" Blair asked

"How do you know that." Dan wondered

"Because I declined my acceptance. You're next in line. They're gonna call you in a couple of hours ." Serena answered sighing.

"You got in?" I inquired

"You're the Constance student?" Blair continued "Cancel the Nelly Yuki project now." she ordered Hazel

"S, why would you turn down Yale? And don't say for me because even I wouldn't believe you." Blair stood up to face her properly.

"Yeah, why would you do that, do you not want to go?"  Dan wondered scowling slightly and was confused.

"No, no I don't. Does this mean you'll leave Rachel alone now?" She questioned my fellow brunette

"Of course." Blair smiled.

"Come on, I'm taking you shopping." I changed the subject back to Dan's new suit.

"Serena save me." Dan joked as I pulled him away

-------

-3rd Person-

Rose was looking at different suit for Dan, while he slipped away to make a phone call. He scrolled through his contact still not believing he had said number in his phone. He dialled and it was answered

"Chuck, I need your help, with your sister." Dan spurted out quickly before Chuck had a chance to make some comment and hang up.

"I almost hung up but if it's regarding my sister, what can I do?" Chuck replied

"Can we meet to talk about this in person. I don't want anyone knowing." he asked of his girlfriends brother.

"Fine, meet me at the Palace in a hour." Chuck hung up before Dan could even reply. He then went back to Rose.

"I found a couple of the simple black, why don't you try these on."

"Sure." he took out what she was holding and went to try them on, thankfully for him they both liked the second one.

"I'll pay for this. If it makes you feel better when you're a famous and successful writer you can pay me back." she smiled

"That would make it a little better yeah. I have to go, a couple of things to do before tonight. I will see you later okay?"

"Yeah, see you later." they separated ways and Dan went to Chuck's suite he knocked and Chuck opened

"Come in Daniel. What seems to be the problem. My sister getting bored of you already." They both sat down.

"I'm sure you would love that, but no. She's getting worried, because of my early acceptance to Yale and her going to NYU the thought of a long distance relationship is..."

"Think about her choice of suitor." Chuck finished of his sister's boyfriends sentence.

"Seriously Chuck, I know you can't stand me but I also know you love your sister. I know that you promised to at least be civil to me for her sake. So please." he sighed

"Fine. I presume one of your standing in society feels the need to prove the...love."

"Yes. But I want to give it to her tonight, less time for her to over think things and do something rash." Dan nodded in agreement.

"I understand you, do you have any ideas"

"A promise ring."

"Bold step so early in a relationship." Chuck commented but then thought it over. "A gesture which I know can settle her fears, but you do realise the cost of it, one slip up and hell have no rage like a Rose scorned."

"I know, I was also hoping for a girls prospective, maybe Blair." he shrugged hoping for her help as well

"I doubt she'd agree."

"We all know that for Rose she would." Chuck took out his phone and sent a text.

911 4 Rose, Palace now.

Meanwhile at the Waldorf apartment, Blair was unto her old tricks, a game she couldn't resist on playing. Her phone beeped and she saw the message.

"Right, Ladies that is all for now. I have somewhere i need to be." she dismissed Isabel and Penelope. She headed for the palace, chuck opened upon hearing her knock.

"This better be good. Humphrey? why are you here."

"He wants to make a bold gesture to our mutual flower and  wants our help." he pointed over at the rings.

"Before you even say it, we're talking promise rings" Dan noticed her expression

"Oh thank god." she breathed "okay, then."