Chapter Forty Five - Party gone awry

After school I was doing homework, Moon resting beside me when the door opened and Dan stepped through.

"Hey, so about Jenny." he lifted Moon to sit next to me. Moon settled back down on his lap while Dan petted him

"Yes?"

"This dropped out of your bag." he handed me a envelope and I knew what it was "She doesn't need that much."

"Dan it's not what you think. Look before my Dad died I talked to him about setting up an account for her business. She makes wonderful clothes and i've worn some of them what's in here is commission." I explained the reason for the open account.

"But she did those because she likes you." he replied

"I know, but I wanted to. Look I'm talking to her and your Dad tomorrow night. Just please, leave this alone, it's not that big of a deal."

---------

Later that evening there was a ferocious knocking. I ran to open it and Vanessa busted past me.

"That ass, does he really think I'm that dumb. No wonder you punched him, he's a jerk." she rambled and I closed the door

"Hello, to you too. Care to slow down and catch me up. I'm lost." I made my way to the kitchen to make some hot chocolate.

"Nate, I presuming you know what happened when Dan I I helped him re connect with his grandfather." I nodded in understanding.

"Yes, well William Vanderbilt can be very persuasive." I replied

"So I left it a week for things to cool down, then I get an e-mail from him saying he wants to talk. I go to his place and there coming out of his place is Blair, looking all couple with him. Your brother sent me the e-mail from his account. So I'm like okay I will make a date to talk, it's not what it looks like, so I get there and he breaks up with me. Me leaving was such a crime. So he talks about honesty. I ask him if there is anyone else. He lies to my face Rose a bold face lie. Thank you." i handed her the much of hot chocolate.

"So my brother knows. I'm guessing he offered you a chance to even the score a little right?" I presumed knowing my brother and his rocky relationship with both parties involved.

"Yes. Do I take it though."

"I know you don't do Upper east side but as a woman in general it is only fair that you bury the hatchet. The manner in which you choose to do so is up to you." I shrug, I would say I won't get involved but it's me and at some point something is bound to happen.

"How did you do it, after your fling?"

"I confronted him. The punch was because he was kissing my boyfriends little sister. Outsider 101 you don't mess with a guys sister. Bad form. All the rage you feel maybe you need to let it out by teaming with my brother. I might help."

"Sorry for just piling it on. I know Blair is your best friend."

"She is but she's not above everyone else in wronged people terms."

--------------------

The next night was Jenny's get together. I carried some board games and bread. same as Jenny and Dan carried the chilli. We thanked Vanya and headed for the lifts.

"I have to say I'm excited." Jenny chimed

"Oh you should be. Dad only makes his chilli on very special occasions."

"Well not just about my birthday. I mean, of course it's my birthday but you know Lily and Dad and all of us together. I don't know things just seem to be going really good." Jenny chimed

"Yeah, A little too good." Dan commented as we stepped into the elevator

"Since when is good too good?" I wonder

"Dan?" Jenny asks

"You know that phone call it wasn't Vanessa? It was a real estate agent. I think Dad might be selling the loft."

"What? No where would we live?" Jenny asked and now i felt awkward for being in this conversation.

"Well I'd be at college. I guess you and Dad would be moving on up to the east side. To the deluxe apartment." he glanced up at where we were going.

"Okay funny. First of all, you need to stop watching so many old sitcoms. Second, Dad on the upper east side? I mean there's no way" I made a meh noise "There's no way i mean we're..."

"Humphreys." Dan finished

"That is not a bad thing you two, besides there are many reasons why something like that would be happening." The elevator dinged and we walked out to loud music, turning the corner my mouth dropped

"She didn't" I breath

"Okay, it looks familiar, and yet...." Dan trailed off. just then the Blair-ittes came face to face with us.

"Not bad Little J." Penelope comments

"What are you guys doing here?" Jenny question

"Once I heard Poppy Lifton was coming to your party, I cancelled mine" Penelope replied "In the last 20 minutes, I've been hit on by two bonfmans and a gay designer. It was so worth it."

"Kudos on rising from the social grave." Hazel took a sip of her drink

"Speaking of graves, did something die in that pot?" Nelly commented and they left

"It cumin." Dan sassed

"I liked my social grave. I dug it myself and I was happy to lie in it. What's going on? why are they here?" Jenny questioned as we went to put down what we were carrying

"I don't know. This chilli weighs a ton though I need a caterer." Dan left us

"Coe on let's go find Serena." I say taking her hand and pulling her away from what we had brought.