Chapter Twenty - Rocky Start

I went home to change for the art exhibit and when I arrived back Serena was there with Blair.

"Twice in one day you're in Brooklyn. Are you feeling, okay bestie?" I wrap my arm around her shoulders.

"I asked to meet your brother here. At least you and Serena will be around."

"I will but this is actually a date so it's Serena first." she nodded

"Wait your first day is at an exhibit you've been setting up for?" Serena wondered

"Yeah, simple, casual. easy. See you later." I walk in ahead of them and head into the main room. I see Dan talking with his Dad.

"Hey, this is a great turn out you must be so thrilled, Rufus." I smile

"I am, thank you. I'll leave the two of you too it." then it was the two of us.

"Hey." we greeted each other then kissed.

"Dan." I pull away and pressed my lips together. Serena who I just told that I was here on a date decided to come and personally break our moment.

"Hey." he looked over my shoulder and turn and hook my arm through his

"This is a huge turn out, Aaron must be so thrilled." She beamed "And your Dad."

"Yeah. Yeah, it's pretty amazing. I thought you were gonna be with Chuck tonight, what happened?" Dan questioned Blair

"She is but she told him to meet her here." Serena spoke for Blair again.

"Yes 'she' is freaking out. She needs a drink." Blair stared at Dan

"Let me see what I can do about that for her."

"no, Dan." he left and I let out a frustrated laugh. Clenching and un clenching my fist.

"Are you okay, Rose?" Serena wondered

"Bitch shut the fuck up or I will rip your hair out." I snap "I told you not even five minutes ago that I was on a date, what do you do? Come right over and not only break up a really amazing moment but you strike up a conversation."

"You sound jealous?" she smirks

"Then maybe you're hearing me wrong because I'm pissed, bad things happen when i'm pissed. Blair I would expect, no offence."

"None taken." she shrugged the comment off

"I don't care if the two of you are friends. That is up to Dan. Dan I actually trust, you not even in the slightest. Or are you so against Dan moving on. Wait are you the jealous one." she scowled at me as i turned the tables on her.

"You are and with your step sister no less. It must kill you that he admitted his feeling for me in such a bold way. Not after a pregnancy scare. Well would you look at that we're already off to a better start. If you'll excuse me." I went to find my date he was sat in the cafe.

"You had to say the D word didn't you." I comment sitting down

"Yeah I did, didn't I?" He huffed looking down at the table

"What's the matter?"

"Uh, Vanessa just told me that Blair and Chuck completely screwed her over." he told me

"Oh no."

"I just can't believe I let myself get sucked in to helping Blair. I know you want us to be friends..." he started and I cut him off

"Not friends just civil. Besides you did help, when I asked you too."

"And then I kept on helping because I actually want to be friends with Serena and didn't want to rock the boat."