Chapter Fifty One - Couples

Blair would be joining me at NYU. How do I know this? Well she actually apologised for her being a bitch and going blah on us. The she told me Cyrus got her an interview so we'd be going together. The three of us had gone shopping, Blair was now telling us about how Nathaniel tried to get her to use the Subway.

"Rat's go underground, not Waldorf's." she huffed as we entered VDW apartment

"Blair that's hardly fair and it is not that bad. I use it all the time, more than I ever thought possible." I reply

"You could always borrow Chuck and Rosie's helicopter." Blair gave a brief glare to Serena "Kidding." we dropped out bags on the counter

"Chuck, what a waste of time that was. No offence." she aimed the last part at me.

"None taken." I sigh lifting myself up to sit on the counter

"You know it's not a real relationship if you can't hold hands. Oh but Nate is good to me, good for me. And he's learned a thing or too."

"Eww did not want to know that, ever." I shiver in disgust

"So being a kept man does have it's perks." Serena gave a coy smile as she brought out some grapes from the fridge.

"Yeah but no man is worth suffering the indignity of mass transit." Blair replied

"Some men are." I smile slightly biting my lip

"Okay now I'm grossed out. How's the foreigner?" Blair moved on as I took a couple of grapes.

"Blair, Gabriel's from North Carolina. That's in the United States." Serena retorted

"Not by choice." Blair replied

"Yeah there was this thing called the civil war, need we remind you" S laughs at us

"Everything with Gabriel is perfect. No strings, no demands. Except he is so focused on building his new company that he can never commit to anything. Diner reservations, movies. Sometimes he'll get a text for a meeting and the poof he's gone "

"Drop him, better yet drop him in the river." I chime.

"You, my friend are mildly disturbed." Blair pointed at me as I continued eating grapes "Well if it's a casual thing like you say, no strings then what do you expect? Not like you're gonna marry the guy."

"I kind of did marry him." Blair and I laughed "We got carried away but I talked to Cyrus, It doesn't count."

"Let me get this straight. He goads you into making the ultimate commitment and now he can't stick it out through dinner."

"He didn't goad me. It was romantic." Serena sighed dreamily

"He is disappearing for a reason. We need to get to the bottom of this." Blair insisted

"No, we don't." S denied

"Oh come on. Let's all follow him tonight. We can dress up use code names. Dorota is a great help with surveillance equipment. Doesn't it all sound fun." Blair offered with a bit of hope.

"Not in the slightest." I shake my head "Besides I'm cooking dinner for Dan tonight. Oh shoot I have to go to the supermarket." I jump down and grab my things "Bye"

---------------------

Mac and Cheese with Garlic bread and freshly baked cake. That what was on the menu tonight.

"So how has it been on your own since he fired Arissa and you decided not to re hire her?" Dan wondered

"I've adapted you've helped. Teaching me to cook during our time away." I grinned coyly nudging him

"The teacher has now become the student." I raised an eyebrow "Yeah, that was probably to soon. But this is really good."

"Thank you so how is the job going?" I ask

"It's going" then made a weird face "I am grateful, but a part of me wishes I had started earlier. We were just so sure that we would get at least part financial aid."

"It will work itself out. Humphrey's always land on their feet, don't they?" I grin leaning back in my chair.

"Yeah, yeah they do. Oh guess what happened today?"

"What?"

"Jenny and I caught my Dad looking at a ring."

"As in a 'ring' ring?" I question and he nodded "No freaking way."

"Yeah but he didn't get it."

"So, he chickened out. Awh." I pout and I saw him looking down. I followed his gaze to see he was looking at the promise ring he gave me. "What?"

"If they did get married wouldn't that make it weird between us?" he wondered

"I don't think so. I mean by law I am now counted as one of Lily's children. So is Chuck but we're not blood related nor have we shared a sibling. Do you feel weird?" I questioned back

"I should say yes. But that would be a lie, bunking with your brother is scaring me more." i laugh

"I highly doubt that would happen. You'll be at college, Chuck will be here running the business when he's ready. Besides if you want you can stay with me if you want to."

"You have an answer for everything, don't you." he chuckled

"Not always. I'll go get the cake." I got up and took the plates into the kitchen

----------------------------------