Chapter 22: Loot the base!

I was walking around my dock wondering if I should enter again and with what ship.

"Lets see the girls' reaction to me going in as Kaga..."

I went over to the screen and was surprised that Valkyrie was the only available ship. All of the others were greyed out.

I clicked on Kaga, which was also greyed out, and got a notification saying "Mission in progress!".

I had no other choice but to go in as Valkyrie again... I just pressed the red "Battle" button.

The world changed into white as usual and then back to normal. I found myself by a giant area with burnt grass. The area was around 10 meters in diameter and the Siren base had now a massive hole in the front where there used to be a door.

I looked around and saw Yukikaze and the others staring at me.

Yukikaze: Did you do this?! *Point at the hole in the base*

Valkyrie: Who else could've done it?

Javelin: Well, now we can enter the base...

Yuudachi: ... and loot it!

Yukikaze: Maybe looting it will be a good idea... tell me, Valkyrie... what happened to the mission Akashi gave you a while ago?

Valkyrie: *Remembers* I... don't know what your talking about....

Yukikaze: Yeah... sure you don't!

Valkyrie: She has probably forgotten about that herself...

I got up and looked at the base.

Valkyrie: Let's go!

As we were going to enter the base we hear Hammann's voice.

Hammann: What happened here?!

We turned to face her.

Valkyrie: Yeeee...... I kinda blew up the place and killed myself....

Hammann: ......? *Looks at the explosion site* That was the big explosion.....

Lena: I thought it was way bigger!

Valkyrie: So, Hammann's team and Mutsuki's team will help Javelin, Shigure, Yukikaze and Ayanami to load the technology onto my ship. Yuudachi, Laffey and I will attempt to loot the base.

Yukikaze: What......? Why can't I come with you?

Valkyrie: So you don't get on my nerves! Now go!

Javelin: You're our new leader, I suppose?

Valkyrie: I guess so...

The other girls went over to the technology storage and entered the building while we entered the Siren base through the destroyed front wall.

We looked around and the halls were empty.

Yuudachi: Is there seriously no one here?

Valkyrie: Who leaves the base unprotected?

Laffey: The sirens I guess.....

I opened my Upgrade menu and was surprised to see that all my upgrades and shit were still upgraded. Nothing was reset.

Valkyrie: ....?

*Base alarm activates*

Valkyrie: About time...

We started walking down the hallway, totally ignoring the fact that the alarm was on and we still couldn't see anyone.

Valkyrie: Why is the base empty?! These sirens are stupid as fuck!