Chapter 11: Laffey nearly died because of you!

I rushed over to the front door with a few other girls that were kind of panicking because appearently 300 meters is too close.

The door opened and I wasn't very surprised to see the railgun ship in front of the base.

???: What is that?

???2: Is that an enemy ship?

???3: Of course it is! Or can't you see the red lines?

???2: You're right!

Then Amazon and Akashi came up behind me and saw it.

Amazon: ... Is that, what you said was chasing you?

Aria: Yes...

I started running towards the shore.

???4: Ah, an enemy spy!

Aria: "Really?"

I summoned my rigging and jumped into the water. "If I keep jumping straight at the enemy like this, I'm basically asking for them to kill me." I started accelerating and the railgun started targeting me. "Wait! Did I even apply the upgrades yet? Well, too late now!" I was now moving at my top speed and the ship's gun fired, hitting my left leg in less than half a second, dealing 56K damage.

The force from the hit, knocked me down on my face and I started rolling on the surface. "Dang! It moves too fast!" I took a sitting position. I looked down to see that the projectile had created a 5 cm wide hole in my left thigh. "Ah, fuck! Yeah, I really shouldn't have jumped straight in here."

My top speed was now reduced to 20 kts and I was unable to stand. I fired all my 12 shells at the ship, but, as expected, they bounced off. I opened the Upgrades menu. I had 15,700 BP and spammed the Regeneration to the max which then changed into Auto Repair that cost 10,000 BP. "Could this be instead of Akashi's repairing? If so, then I need it!"

I then started spamming the Rapid Reload, but stopped when my BP reached 1,500. I then upgraded the "More BP" to get 1,5x Battle Points, when killing an enemy. I had 300 BP left and closed the Upgrade menu.

This is what it looked like:

"So.... how do I kill this thing?" I thought while the railgun ship was struggling to aim down at me. I fired at it with my 12 HE shells and the color faded from standard light blue to blue-yellow.

The railgun couldn't aim so low to hit me

"The shield can change color?" I fired at it again, but nothing happened so I fired for a third time and it changed into yellow. "Wait..."

Aria: Everyone! Fire at the shield!

I started hearing rigging sommons happening and then a bunch of salvoes started flying through the air. The shield quickly started changing color into orage, dark-orange and then red.

If you still don't know what the color means, it just shows the shield's HP and red is the last color before it disappeares.

After a couple of seconds the shield chattered, but it wasn't an ordinary shatter. When it shattered, the shield shard turned into flying blades, facing outwards from the ship and then flew with incredible speed. Two shards hit me in the stomach, and not just hit it, over-penetrated it. I took 29,946 and I had 1,748 HP left. "Am I going to die again?"

Now that there wasn't a shield in our way, we could damage the ship. The railgun ship started moving backwards trying to escape.

Aria: Where do you think you're going?

Then the ship caught fire and blew up. "Yay! We just needed to spam shells at it. Nice!" I opened the Upgrades menu and in th top-right corner, it said "Battle Points: 5,300".

"I got 5K points for the railgun? I need me one more of those! No more Akashi Stabby Stabbies!"

Akashi: *Comes running* Are you alright?

Aria: YOU, leave me alone! *Gets on land*

Unicorn: I thought you were going to die!

Aria: .... It's strange to have people actually care about you in this world.

All girls: .....?

Aria: *Looks at Unicorn* So....

Unicorn: ... Yes?

Aria: Aren't you a light aircraft carrier?

Unicorn: Yes...

Aria: Then, where were your planes on the first mission?

Unicorn: !!!

Hammann: What's up?

Aria: We're talking about why Unicorn didn't send her planes on the first mission.

Hammann: ...! Javelin?!

Javelin: Yes? *Comes up*

Hammann: Did you see Unicorn send her planes on the mission?

Javelin: Uh, n-

Hammann: *Cuts her off* Akashi, did Unicorn ever come to the repair bay?

Akashi: No...

Hammann: Javelin, why did you let Unicorn come? That's probably why Laffey was about to die! *Turns to Unicorn*

Unicorn: *Turns to Aria*  I thought you were too distracted to notice! I won't get stabbed! *Runs off*

Aria: ... *Raises her guns towards Unicorn* *Boom*

The shells hit the ground around Unicorn and exploded, knocking her on the ground.

Aria: Akashi, go get her!

Akashi: *Runs towards Unicorn*

Unicorn: Ah!

Akashi: Come here!

Unicorn: No! *Kicks Akashi in the stomach*

Akashi: ! *Falls on the ground*

Aria: Oh, you bitch! *Starts running towards Unicorn*

Unicorn: *Attempts to get up*

Aria: *Smacks Unicorn in the face with her guns*

Unicorn: Ugh! Why did you do that?!

Aria: I'm the only one who can abuse Akashi!

Amazon: *Comes up to Aria* Calm down!

Aria: Shut up, bit- "Ah, crap!"

Amazon: ... What were you just going to say to me?

Hammann: Everybody, calm down! Laffey didn't die, so it's fine! She just needs to get repaired!

Aria: Ugh!

Unicorn: I'm not going to get stabbed!

Aria: Really? So now I need to get Akashi the resources?

Hammann: Yeah! Go now!

Aria: I don't even know what I'm searching for...

Hammann: Then ask Akashi! *Looks towards Akashi, who is finally getting over the pain* And you are coming with me! *Grabs Unicorn*

Unicorn: No!