Chapter 25: Shigure's Fault!

Valkyrie: You know... just getting torpedoed by Shigure...

Javelin: Those were Shigure's torpedoes?

Valkyrie: Yeah...

My ship was slowly drifting to a stop with a current speed of 7 kts.

*Boom*

We turned to the where the explosion happened and saw that the girls, who had come back from the island, had destroyed an enemy and were now fighting some sort of a battleship. They were all around it and it couldn't get them because the guns couldn't aim so low.

Then, my ship passed the 4 km mark to the battleship and the secondary battery guns, with the super powerful mortars, started rotating towards it.

Valkyrie: Uh-oh... the autofire activated...

I knew what was going to happen and ran out of the bridge.

The secondaries finished rotating.

Valkyrie: EVERYONE!! RUN!!!!

*BOOM*

The mortar shells flew in a big arc towards the battleship which was surrownded by girls. When the girls heard the loud sound from the guns, they immediatelly started moving away from the enemy, but.... I guess Ayanami didn't know what to do and soon 15+ mortar shells started raining down around her and the enemy battleship...

Yukikaze: Ayanami!!!

*BOOOOOM*

Ship: We've blown up an allied destroyer!

Everyone: !!!

Yukikaze started sailing towards where the mortars had hit and when the smoke cleared up, everyone could see a single Type 3 127 mm 50 caliber naval gun, which was slowly sinking, and a destroyed battleship.

Ship: Don't fire at your allies!

There were no other traces left from Ayanami.

I jumped down onto the water surface and started propelling myself towards the other girls, who now clearly wanted me dead...

Yukikaze: *Looks at Valkyrie* The hell's wrong with you?!

Valkyrie: I told everyone to run...

Yukikaze: Well, she didn't hear you!

Valkyrie: That's not my problem!

Yukikaze: How... can you say that? Why did you even fire?!

Valkyrie: Secondary battery guns fire automatically at the closest enemy...

Yukikaze: They.... do not!

Valkyrie: They do! But, you wouldn't know since you're a stupid destroyer! You don't even have secondaries!

Lena: *Comes out of nowhere* Our secondaries don't fire if there's an ally within the explosion radius...

Valkyrie: Wow... you have better secondaries than me...

Shigure finally made an appearance.

Yukikaze: Why did you even get so close to the enemy?!

Valkyrie: Well... *Points at Shigure*

Shigure: !!!

Yukikaze: So, you're putting the blame on Shigure? *Runs to Shigure*

Valkyrie: It wouldn't have happened if Shigure hadn't destroyed both my rudders and engine!

Yukikaze: She would never do that!

Shigure: I'm sorry for not leading the enemy enough....