Chapter 8: Akashi, help!

I could feel Laffey slowly getting warmer.

Aria: Are your fires not out yet?

Laffey: N...no...

I saw the base coming into view.

Aria: We're almost there!

Laffey: ......

Aria: We need to find a repair ship immediately!

Laffey: *Cough*

Because I didn't have any time to slow down, when my shoes hit the beach, my speed hit 0 kts instantly and I faceplanted in the sand.... launching Laffey off my back, forwards because of physics.

When I looked up from the sand Laffey was laying on the sand. I quickly got up, ran to her and started dragging her by the arm..... again.

Aria: *Looks around* "Where is she?" Akashi!

We were now off the beach and on the street. I was actually surprised to see a car in this world.... an electric car in a garage, but there's no time for thinking about cars.... Laffey needs help! We kept going...... I mean, I kept dragging Laffey across the ground... when I saw "Akashi Shop". If you have seen the anime Azur Lane, you would know that this is the shop that Akashi opened, so it makes sense for her to be inside... right?

I came closer to Akashi's shop and the doors opened.

Aria: Akashi?

Akashi was nowhere to be seen.

Aria: Crap! Where is she?!

Laffey: Cafe.....teria......

Aria: Cafeteria? You have a school? ........ oh the hotel cafeteria, or whatever you call it.

I looked around and saw the hotel in the distance. I continued dragging Laffey towards the hotel when my Water bar hit 2% and my vision's edges became red. "Ah, shit! Here we go again... gonna die."

I was infront of the door and when I got close.... I smashed my face against the door because I was expecting it to open automatically. The hit caused the door to fall off it's hinges and the girls inside were wondering what the fuck I'm doing.

Aria: Akashi?

???: Y-yeah? (I'm not even going to try to put her cat-like version of words)

Aria: *Turns towards the voice and spots Akashi*

Aria: She needs your help! *Puts Laffey on the ground*

Akashi: Ah! What happened to her?!

Aria: Well... as you can tell, we failed the mission...

Hammann: .... What?! How?!

Aria: Well, we were close to the enemy base.... but then enemies started appearing and we got severely damaged.

Akashi: I need to take her to the repair bay. Can you carry her for me?

Aria: Sure.

I grabbed Laffey, put her on my back and quickly followed Akashi to her.... repair bay. When we got there, it was way more different than I expected. There was a chair for the injured girl in the center of the room. Next to it was some... displays for... something... I don't really know what Akashi does to get the girls repaired, but I put Laffey on the chair and Akashi sat down in another chair and pressed some buttons infront of her on a screen.

Some wires came out of nowhere and did a scan like thing before just sticking themselves in her wounds.

Aria: Oh... what the fuck?!

Akashi: Yeeeeeaaaah.... you need repairs too?

Aria: N-no, I think I'm good.

Akashi: Are you sure?

Aria: Yes!

Akashi: Come on! It won't hurt!

Aria: No! Leave me alone!

I quickly left the repair bay and returned to the cafeteria where the other 6 girls were waiting for me.

Javelin: I-is Laffey ok?

Aria: I think so... *1% warning*

"I can't let them know!"

My vision's edges were now pulsing in red.

Aria: ... So... um... where's the bathroom?

Hammann: Why?

Aria: Just tell me where it is!

Hammann: Down that corridor, the first left! *Points towards Aria's left*

Aria: Thanks... *Heads to the bathroom*

Yukikaze: Why did you have to ask her? She probably needs to pee...

Hammann: Yeah, but that was so sudden...

* * *20 minutes later* * *

Javelin: Why isn't she back yet?

Hammann: No one can pee for 20 minutes...

Yukikaze: I'll go take a look... *Starts walking*

Crescent: That's a little weird... walking in the bathroom while a girl's in there...

Yukikaze: Uh, what if something happened to her?

Akashi: Like what?

Shigure: Her falling down the toilet.

Akashi: You know that's impossible, right?

Yukikaze: Even I didn't think like that... *Turns to the corridor and sees Aria* Aria!

Aria: !!!

Yukikaze: I was worried that you might've fallen down the toilet! *Comes closer*

Aria: .......? *Punches Yukikaze in the face*

Yukikaze: Ah- *Falls on the floor*

Aria: I was just drinking some water for my regeneration!

Yukikaze: That hurt!

Aria: That's why I did it, stupid! But, *Summons her ship rig to show her still broken guns* yeah... Turns out that regeneration does not repair incapacitated things...

Akashi: I get to repair you!

Aria: Oh.... fuck!