Chapter 3

"Don't let the pain stop you!"

My lip was bleeding, my eyes were tearing up by all the pain and my legs were running out of energy.

"Ok that's enough."

Finally. I lay down on the floor. I couldn't stand for even one more second. That was definitely the worst training I ever had.

"That was good. But you can do better."

If I had enough power I would definitely punched his annoying face.

"Stand up. Now. Next training at 4."

After a few moments of hesitation I managed to stood up. "I can't today." I said and started walking away before he could say anything else.

Well obviously I wasn't fast enough.

"What do you mean you can't today?!"

"I told you. I have a family thing."

Before he could stop me again, this time I really left.

On my way to the apartment I bought myself a donut. They didn't have the one with sprinkles so I stopped in the near shop and bought sprinkles.

Yeah sprinkles are that important.

At home I took a shower since I was sweating like a pig and put on a pair of jeans, t-shirt and a jacket.

Quickly I made a mess as I completed the donut with sprinkles.

I ate it on my way. I stopped in front of the door of one of the most recognisable buildings in New York.
Stark Tower.

I rang the bell once. Then twice. Three times. Nothing.

I walked a few steps back and looked up. At least one room obviously had the lights turned on. I walked around for a bit. I found a smaller rock near by. Without hesitation I threw it at the window in about 4th floor.

Oops the glass broke. Didn't see that coming. *note the sarcasm*

Finally someone ran out of the building.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" a man shouted at me. I knew him. It was Happy.

"Long time no see." I said as I came closer.

He needed a moment. "Emily?"

"You really are good at remembering faces." I smiled.

"No I just see your photo everyday." he said back. "Come here. I missed you." he said and opened his arms for a hug.

I almost ran to him and hugged him tightly.

"Tony didn't tell me you are coming." he said as we walked inside.

"He doesn't know." I mumbled as I walked by his side.

"Oh well. Then you are actually not allowed to step any further." he said.

"You joking, right?" I said and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Let's go kiddo.." he said, put his arm around my shoulders as we walked towards the elevator.

"You know I'm not a kid anymore, right..." I said more than asked.

"You will always be a little girl for me."

He pressed the button and elevator got us up to the 8th floor.

Elevator doors opened and we walked out.

"It's okay. Thanks Happy I will find him now." I said and smiled. Before he left he hugged me one more time.

"I'm glad you're back." he said smiling and then disappeared behind the elevator door.

I looked around. Tony was nowhere to be seen. As always there were a lot of electronic stuff that I never understood and never will. He was the smarter sibling.

"May I help you young lady?"

I turned around. There he was. My older brother Tony Stark.

"Woah you're ... big." he said as he put down the glass of whatever he was drinking.

"Did you just called me fat?" I asked and narrowed my eyebrows. Of course I was just kidding.

"Gosh I haven't seen you in... what was it... 2008? Wow... 6 years..." I could hear his voice break as he said that.

"Are you trying to say you missed your little sister?" I said with a baby voice.

"Come here..." he pulled me in a tight hug.

"That's nice." I smiled as I hugged him tightly. I missed this. I missed him.

"So what are you doing here?" He asked as we sat down on the couch.

"You mean here? Or like in New York in general?" I didn't really want to talk about it. Not that fast.

Tony sighed. "Are you in trouble?"

"Woah just because I visit my brother doesn't mean I'm in trouble!" I protested.

"Then tell my why you decided to come home after 6 years..."

He was serious. After all this years he was still hurt.

"Are you ever going to-..."

"No Emily. No I am never gonna let it go." He stood up and went over where he left his glass.

"I wanted to do something with my life!" I protested as I stood up as well.

"Oh really? And where did that bring you? You didn't go to college. You were homeless for months. You never called. Then you finally got a job at some diner and now you probably need money and you are gonna leave again! Come on!" He was mad. It was obvious he was holding that in for years.

"I wanted to-..." I paused. "How do you know all this stuff?!"

Tony stayed quiet.

"You've been spying on me?!"

He was still quiet.

"I can't. So typical of you. I can't believe you actually..." I turned him my back and went straight to the elevator.

"I had every right to be worried!"

"YOU ARE NOT MY DAD!" I shouted at him with tears in my eyes.

"I may not be your dad but I was the only one you had left."

He put the glass down.

"Look I don't care if you don't want my help but I need you to know that I'm always here for you."

He walked towards me.

"If you are in trouble-..."

"I'M NOT IN TROUBLE DAMN"

"Okay okay calm down I'm just trying to -..." he sighed. "Please stay here."

"I can't."

I noticed he was checking my bruised face.

"Where did all this bruises come from?"
He wasn't angry. His voice was concerned.

"I can't talk about it..." I tried to avoid his look.

"Emily are you having boyfriend trouble?"

I looked at him completely surprised.

"What the hell?! No ofcourse not!"

"I mean it could be?! How am I supposed to know?! You don't tell me anything! You could be married and I wouldn't even know!"

"I thought your spy told you?" I pretended like he should know something.

"Wait are you actually married?!" he said in shock.

"C'mon no. I'm only 24 I don't plan to stop living that fast."

He was obviously relieved as he laughed a little.

For a moment we both stayed quiet.

"Tony I'm working for SHIELD."