Chapter 48

"What do you - ..." Sam started but got interrupted by the sound of footsteps and door opening.

I stared blankly in front of me, trying to figure out what the fuck was going on. Then I looked towards the door to see who it was. It was Steve and by the look on his face I could tell that he already heard the latest news.

"Emily we made a deal. And even if we didn't I think now is a damn good time to speak up." he said seriously and a little but frustrated as he sat on the chair opposite from me.

"Bucky didn't do this ..." I mumbled as I avoided his eyes that were staring at me just as if he was trying to read my mind.

"How are you so sure about that?" Steve asked, raising his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "The man on the photo. It's not Bucky." I stated just as if it was an obvious fact. Well it was obvious to me.

Sam and Steve looked at eachother just as if they were talking without actually speaking.

"Who is it then?" asked Sam as he looked back at me.

"How am I supposed to know..." I shrugged

"This is not important right now since we can't be 100% sure that it's wasn't him." Steve said and leaned his forearms on his knees.

I rolled my eyes once again but didn't say anything.

"You need to tell us where he is." he added.

I shook my head and looked away. "So you could get him arrested for something he didn't do? No offense Rogers but I'm not getting involved in this."

"You already are involved. Trust me, I don't want him to get arrested either but I can't help him if I don't know where he is. And if they find him before us ... " he took a deep breath to think of the right words, "... I just don't want more people to get hurt." Steve said.

I rubbed my face in frustration. "Fine but if you ..."

"... I'm not going to betray your trust." he assured me before I could finish my sentence.

"He was in Bucharest the last time I saw him. I don't know if he's still there." I mumbled and sighed.

"Great. Thank you. But do you maybe know where exactly since the city is quite big?" Steve asked with a small hopeful smile.

I let out a short chuckle and leaned back. "I mean ... I don't know how we actually got there." I said as I got lost in a memory replaying in my head.

Bucky grabbed my hand and started running. I followed his lead.

"Why are we running?!" I asked as we were running away.

"I don't know!" he replied. We both laughed yet we still continued with running.

"Idiot..." I mumbled while laughing.

"Not trying to be annoying or anything but if we want to get Bucky before the authorities you need to quit daydreaming about him and help us to find him." Sam said while crossing his arms.

The little smile on my face disappeared as I glared at him. "I'm so damn jealous of all the people who haven't met you ... Also, don't worry, you don't have to try to be annoying since you already are. It's in your nature." I said as I stood up.

Steve sighed. He was so done with me and Sam not getting along but there wasn't much he could do about it.

"We need to go. And don't forget your suits." he said and stood up.

I took the sunglasses from my pocket and put them on. "Okay I'm ready."

Sam was about to say something but Steve stopped him with a slight warning punch.