Chapter 20

"What are you doing here?!" I asked, still in shock.

Nat pointed at her ears and mouthed "I can't hear you."

I rolled the window down but just a little bit. "Why are you here?" I asked again.

"I'm here to pick you up."

"How did you know I'm here?" I asked suspiciously.

"You called, you dumbass." she replied.

"I didn't call you." I mumbled.

"What? Not happy to see me?" she changed the subject and pretended to be hurt by my words.

I just rolled my eyes.

"Get out of the car already." she said and walked back to her car.

I narrowed my eyebrows and rolled the rest of the window down, so I was able to get my head through it. "I can't just leave my car here!" I shouted after her.

"Yes you can and you will." Nat shouted back as she closed the door of her car.

"What the hell..." I whispered to myself as I got out of the car. I took my rucksack from the trunk and then walked to Nat's car.

Firstly, I put my rucksack into the other trunk and then I went to sit down at the front seat. I opened the door.

"Hello there." said Sam who was already sitting there and smirked.

"This can't get any worse, can it?" I mumbled underneath my breath.

"Of course it can just give me a minute."  he replied.

"Can I kill him?" I asked, looking at Nat.

"No not yet."

"C'mon just a little bit." I mumbled as I glared back at him.

He just continued smirking annoyingly.

I shut the door loudly and sat at the backseat.

"Holy macaroni did you know that there's Captain America back here." I said amazed as I sat down.

"We met before. Why are you so ..." he didn't know what to say.

"I feel like a criminal for having this beautiful view for free. Seriously, people should pay to look at you... like wow. Impressive." I said without really paying much attention to what I was saying.

"Excuse me?" he was completely confused and lost of words.

"Hey hey hey hands off my man." joked Nat.

"It's called complimenting. No offense but he's too old for me." I said confidently.

"Isn't your boyfriend older than him?" said Sam casually.

My face expression changed immediately. "I swear to god you better shut up right now..."

"Or what? You gonna tell your mummy?" he mocked but Nat slapped his tight immediately after he said it.

"Sam!" she gave him a warning look.

I leaned closer to the front seat and locked my arm around his neck. "You know maybe you can tell her after I-..." I whispered to his ear while holding my arm tightly around his neck, making him gasp for air but before I could continue, Steve pulled me back to my seat.

"You don't want to do that." he said to me, while I was still glaring at Sam who gave Nat a questioning look and then he obviously remembered.

"Don't tell me what I want Rogers." I said angrily.

Steve sighed and looked down. For about ten minutes we stayed completely quiet. The only thing making noise was the radio.

"Turn that off..." I mumbled.

Everyone gave me a confused look, even Nat looked away from the road for a moment.

"Don't look at me and turn off the fucking radio!" I yelled as I put my head in my hands.

The radio went quiet.

I took a deep breath and sat up again.

"Who was looking for me and why?" I asked, looking at Steve.

"Apparently you have informations that could effect national security in a positive or negative way." he replied carefully.

"I do?" I narrowed my eyebrows and thought for a moment. "Do I?"

"We know you met up with Barnes." said Nat.

"Barnes? No not really." I said casually, pretending that I don't know what she's talking about.

Sam turned around to face me and gave me a big envelope.

"What's that?" I asked before I took it.

He didn't say anything so I took and opened the envelope. There were photos. Shots from the museum camera.

On the first one it was me, talking to the little girl. Second one, was me reading about Bucky. Third one was when he was dragging me to the janitor's closet. The last one was when he was holding the door for me when we were leaving the museum.

I took a deep breath as I kept looking at the photos. I could feel Steve's and Sam's eyes on me but I just didn't know what to say.

"We just... I was just taking a day off and by weird coincidence he was there." I mumbled as I put the photos back in to the envelope.

"You left together. Where did you go?" asked Steve.

"Nowhere, he... left and I went back to my car." I lied.

Sam offered me another envelope.

"You gotta be kidding me..." I sighed as I rubbed my eyes.

"I swear this is the last one." said Sam, waiting for me to take the envelope.

I rolled my eyes and took it. Inside there were photos of me and Bucky on the street. Laughing. We looked happy. Anyway. Then it was us getting in the car.

"So yeah I gave him a quick ride. Not a big deal." I said as I avoided their looks.

"Puffy and red eyes, running nose, red and dry cheeks. You are wearing his jacket. Something tells me that it was more than just a quick ride." said Nat as she stopped the car and looked at me.

I snorted annoyed and looked through the window. "That's not his jacket. I ... bought it."

"Are you forgetting that we have photos?" said Sam carefully so I wouldn't attack him again.

I glared at him. "Okay yes. I was cold so he gave me his jacket. Happy?!" I lied once again.

"Where is he now?" asked Steve out of nowhere.

"How am I supposed to know?" I hissed and looked down.

Nat gave Steve "the look". She knew what was going on.

Steve looked at her and then back at me. "He didn't tell you where he's going?"

"No, Rogers, and if may I ask, why? Why do you care? He doesn't want anyone around anyway. Wait. Or is it just me that he doesn't want around? Who would know he doesn't tell me anything anyway." I said as I was getting more and more mad after every word I said.

Before they could ask anything else I got out of the car. We were in the middle of nowhere, there was just forest all around the road. I sat down under one of the trees.

After a few moments I heard car door open and close. Then I heard footsteps coming closer.

I didn't bother to look who it was as the person sat down next to me.

We sat there in silence for quite a while.