Chapter 23

Emily!

I know this past days, weeks were hard and confusing but after a long discussion we decided that right now this is the best for you.

Please stay there and do not tell anybody where you are staying. This is really important since you and me are the only people beside Fury that know about Clint's family and for safety reasons it better stays that way.

I know Steve told you to help him find Barnes but this will have to wait until things get cleared up. We also need him for our next mission, so he's pretty occupied right now.

However, Sam is going to continue with looking for Barnes so if you remember anything, find any kind of information or if he by some coincidence contacts you, please, tell me. You can call me any time. Don't call anyone else though.

And no, you cannot talk to Tony.

Stay safe

Nat

I read the letter for about three times. Excuse me but... what the fuck.

I crumpled the paper and threw it in the air. It was supposed to land on the floor beside the bed, like it does in the movies but no. Of course the main character life wasn't for me. The paper landed right on my face and scratched my eye.

"Bloody hell what have I done so wrong that the world is turning against me?!" I literally yelled and stood up.

In a few seconds the door of the room opened widely. It was Clint and Lila.

"We heard someone yelling and we thought you killed another one." Lila said while hiding behind Clint.

"No I just... scratched my eye." I said, while still trying to open my eye normaly and rubbing it intensively at the same time.

Clint looked at me, from my head and down to my feet and back to my face.

"And you are still questioning why do we treat you like a kid?" he said, shaking his head.

"Excuse me?! Nick Fury has a scratched eye yet no one treats him like a kid!" I protested.

"Nick Fury also doesn't stand on the bed yelling loud enough to scare my wife so much that she cut her finger while pealing a carrot and I'm pretty sure he didn't scratch his eye by a damn piece of paper!" Clint scolded.

My eyes widened. " How...how did you know?!"

"I have two kids. Luckily they are already past the phase that you are stuck at." he said before they left once again.

"So much hate in this household." I mumbled before I sat back down.

What can I say? For the next two weeks I spent most of my time in the room, surfing the internet on some kind of an ancient computer. I didn't find any useful information that could help us find Bucky. But that was completely understandable cause if I was him I wouldn't exactly tweet about my hiding place either.

However later I started to get along with the kids since Clint explained to them that I'm not a murderer.

Clint also taught me some basics of archery which was really fun. Not to brag but I was really good at it.