Chapter 54

"No no no don't do this to me Buck..." I whispered underneath my breath and quickly turned his head to the side, allowing any water to drain from his mouth and nose, then turned it back to the center.

I slightly shook his shoulders, hoping for any kind of a sign that he was alive.

Nothing.

I quickly tilted his head and chin backwards to help to clean the airway.

I took a deep breath and then gave him five rescue breaths. After I was finished I started doing CPR. When I did 30 repeats, I checked if he's breathing once again.

This time his chest was slightly moving up and down.

I let out a shaky breath as a tone of pressure fell off my chest. I quickly stood up and looked at Steve who was now standing next to me.

"We need to get him away from here."
Both of us put one of Bucky's arms around our shoulders as a support to keep him up. He was still unconscious so we literally had to carry all of his weight. Thank god Steve was on the stronger side of the world population.

We didn't know the city at all so it was kind of a problem trying to find a hiding place while holding up a full grown, muscular man, who also happened to be known as an assassin and a terrorist, searched for all around the globe.

Finally we found an empty building, which looked like the workers left before they could finish it.

Steve took care of Bucky, made his arm stuck so when he wakes up and if his mind is still wild, he wouldn't be able to escape or hurt anyone.

I walked out of the room that Bucky and Steve were in. I needed a second to process everything that happened and think about what were we supposed to do next.

For some reason my legs started feeling weak. I leaned my back against the wall as I slowly sat down. I grabbed my phone and quickly sent a text to Sam with our location. He arrived in less then five minutes.

"Where is - ..." he stopped and looked at me. "Woah you look ... horrible."

I chuckled sadly. "Thanks I was trying to look like you."

"Okay. I can see that you're fine." Sam said as he rolled his eyes and left to the room where Steve and Bucky were.

I didn't feel like standing up yet so I stayed on the ground, listening to their conversation.

"Is he awake?"

I shook my head. "Yes Sam. He's awake. That's why his head is bending down like a willow tree." I said sarcastically, a bit more loudly, so he could hear me.

In response he just shut the door of the room harshly.

I frowned my forehead as I crawled to the door and knocked.

For a few moments I could only hear some mumbling that was probably just Sam and Steve talking.

Since they ignored me I knocked on the door for another three times. But before I could actually knock for the third time the door opened.

I looked up. Since I was still sitting on the ground, from that point of view, Steve looked like a giant.
"How's the weather up there?" was the first thing that popped into my head.

Steve closed his eyes and took a deep breath just as if he was annoyed by ... someone ... something. "Seriously how old are you..." he mumbled before walking past me to leave through the front door.

"Where you think you're going, baby?" I said as I finally got up from the ground and shook the dust from my pants.

Steve stopped just as if he got hit by an invisible wall. "Why did you -..."